General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If PL deems Danny Simpson god enough for a starting berth in our team then i might have to question his sanity....

Newcastle cannot wait to get rid of him as he was the weakest link in there team last season...

he's thicker than Gabby and shit as

move on Paul!

I don't mean to be rude but I will value PL's opinion over yours.

I would do as well mate...

but i draw the line at Danny Simpson...

I've listened to all my Newcy chums slag him off all season...

and sure enough the first player Pardew goes after is a RB...

Hutton is better

and for those people who say "If PL thinks they are good enough then thats fine with me"

well where do you draw the line?

Titus Bramble?

a 50 year old Nayim?

I appreciate what you're saying but clearly you are being very extreme. I also appreciate that not every single one of Lambert's signings will be a success but that is inevitable. I'd rather trust his judgement for now and then see how they get on, if signed.

Simpson is a good player, lambert is really beefing up the squad with good players here. Nothing amazing but we should be in very good shape come the start of the season. He isn`t spending silly money to do it either.

Berbatov needs a new club and could be cheap.

I'd take him like a shot. He'd immediately become the best player at the club. His technique is still top 5, defo top 10 in the league and he is well able to bang them in. Can be a bit lazy but if we have others doing his running, he has the quality to really change the game. I'd worry that his wages would scupper any deal but if that wasn't an issue then absolutely yes please :nod:

Owen would be a fine squad player if he was cheap.

But he won't be. For what he'd offer, we'd have to pay him way way too much.

So it's a no from me. And I would imagine i'll be a no from Paul Lambert too, more importantly.

IMHO Owen HAS to be on a pay as you play deal. If he is determined to stay in the premier League then he will surely be willing to do this. Only way I'd take a chance on him.

Not picking on you, but you just reminded me of this.

Every season, people suggest signing certain players on "pay as you play" deals.

It all sounds well and good, but does anyone actually know of any players who are on deals like this? Do they actually exist or are they just made up by fans?

Hoilett, from what I have heard has been taking the piss with his wage demands.

Good player but not for the sort of money (£50k-£60k p/w) he's been asking for.

I think we might have been interested and that he's one of the players Lambert has had a dig at with their greediness.

Hoilett or Gabby?

Hoilett for me would be much the better player for us. Ship out Gabby to Sunderland and replace him with Hoilett who would be on the same wages.

Hoilett, from what I have heard has been taking the piss with his wage demands.

Good player but not for the sort of money (£50k-£60k p/w) he's been asking for.

I think we might have been interested and that he's one of the players Lambert has had a dig at with their greediness.

Hoilett or Gabby?

Hoilett for me would be much the better player for us. Ship out Gabby to Sunderland and replace him with Hoilett who would be on the same wages.

And that folks is how simple Football Management is.

Owen would be a fine squad player if he was cheap.

But he won't be. For what he'd offer, we'd have to pay him way way too much.

So it's a no from me. And I would imagine i'll be a no from Paul Lambert too, more importantly.

IMHO Owen HAS to be on a pay as you play deal. If he is determined to stay in the premier League then he will surely be willing to do this. Only way I'd take a chance on him.

Every season, people suggest signing certain players on "pay as you play" deals.

It all sounds well and good, but does anyone actually know of any players who are on deals like this? Do they actually exist or are they just made up by fans?

I think "pay as you play" is just a generalised term. I think what is meant is that we need a stipulation in any contract with a player with Owen's injury record stating that we will not pay his full wages if he is sidelined for any length of time.

What wonderful logic.

Get rid of a player not worth 60k a week, and replace with another player not worth 60k a week

I wish you worked for our club i really do

What wonderful logic.

Get rid of a player not worth 60k a week, and replace with another player not worth 60k a week

I wish you worked for our club i really do

With all due respect i find it hard to believe that you wouldn't want one of the best prospects in the Premiership at our club to replace someone who has been shite for two seasons now and on the same wages. :?

was Hargreaves not on one at City?