For out of town Villains ........Well mostly

PussEKatt

When I was 13 I really got into the 1998 World Cup and was getting up in the middle of the night to watch the tournament here in Australia. I was talking to my Uncle (a Liverpool fan) about the tournament when it had finished and he said I should pick a team in the Premier League to follow, so I had a look at the list of teams and chose Villa because of their name.

My Dad then went to the Villa website at work and came home with about 30 pages of squad information & the history the club. Been hooked ever since.

Well when I was 8, I would just watch football matches without supporting anybody. My whole family supported Liverpool, so (as you guessed)I supported Liverpool. But when I was 14, I decided to support Villa since we lived down the road to VP (and p*ssed my family off :) ) and I'm nearly 16 and I'm a proud Villa supporter.

My family is from Brum, and pretty much everyone on my mum's side is a huge Villa fan, including my mum, since my Grandad is a fan. However, my brother, the eldest grandson, decided to support Liverpool instead (glory hunting Judas). Me being the second eldest grandson, they didn't leave it to chance and I wouldn't have it any other way. Since me, every other grandson born into the family has become a Villa fan.

Started supporting them when I was about 5/6 because my step Dad supports them. Came home from school one day and he'd got me a Villa shirt. Couldn't really turn them down then and I've been hooked ever since. He's not from Birmimgham either but started supported them because he wanted to support someone different and he liked their name and colors.

And to think, some people wished we were called Birmimgham Villa. :lol:

I'm in London so I guess I fit into this category.

Although, I'm actually from Edgbaston.

Anyway, I had no choice. Couple of Baggies fans in the family but the Villa family connections seem to go past great Uncle from Great Barr...

Pretty much the same. Live in the North East, but grew up in Erdington. There was only ever one club I was going to support. Few distant relatives that are noses, and one by marriage. Other than that, Villa is in the blood.

Dad was from a Villa-supporting family in Northfield, south Birmingham and Mom was from a Villa-supporting family from Lichfield. I would not have had a childhood home if I'd have chosen to support anyone else apart from Aston Villa, it's in my blood.

Being from Sheffield there was no family connection whatsoever...

basically my sister went on a few dates with Dalian Atkinson when he played for Wednesday....

i followed his career, didnt want to support Real Sociedad, he moved to Villa and i liked what i saw...

the rest they say is history

Was about 13, and hadn't really ever properly supported a team, and had no geographical connections (living in Norway), nor were anyone in my close family supporting a PL team.

Decided it would be nice if could support a PL team of my own, and didn't want to jump of the bandwagon of United and Plop-supporters.

Liked the Villa name, and we were doing pretty well at the time. actually also because I played career mode on Fifa with the Villa. :lol:

Am 17 now, and as hooked as ever!

Admittedly up until the age of about 8 or 9, I used to support Chelsea (cant remember why) even though most members of the family were Villa fans. Tickets for Stamford Bridge were too expensive so we went to VP for last game of 95/96 game against Man City. I remember we lost 1-0 and afterwards paraded the League Cup during the lap of honor. Since then, I remained a Villa fan......and since then Chelsea have won everything and we've won sweet FA. Never forgiven my Dad for that.

Could have been the Professionals - Martin Shaw is a big Villa Fan and played Doyle I think (or was it Brodie) with Gordon Jackson as the scottish boss!

not any more he isn't.

I am an Everton fan, now

martin shaw, august 2010.

turncoat.

Most Scots have an English team as well as their local team (leaving national rivalry and banter behind) due to the fact it's on our TV loads and it's a great league next door. When I was a very young kid my parents got me man utd strips because everyone had them, when I was around 9 I said I didn't want to be a glory hunter so was looking for a team to support, I liked Blackburn that year and they went and won the bloody league so didn't commit because I'd be an even bigger glory hunter. I remember watching a programme on Villa's great multi cultural open ended signing policy and even as a kid I was impressed by that, (being massively anti-racist since a young age) so started looking out for their results. Around age 11 I decided this is the Eglish club for me. Dundee Utd and Villa it is then. Oh and after our first trip to Villa park my dad is now a fan too. Actually his first trip was to watch Scotland vs Switzerland at euro 96 and he loved the stadium then too.

Should also add my dad was a massive Andy Gray fan when he was at Dundee Utd and followed Villa for a bit when he signed from Utd. Guess it did go back further than I thought, never knew that until later though.

No familily connections to Villa and as a kid lived in Germany as my dad was in the army. Supported Liverpool as they were doing well at the time. Hated being a glory hunter and loved Nigel Spink. Easy.......

Â