For out of town Villains ........Well mostly

PussEKatt

Grew up in the north east where it was split between Sunderland and Newcastle fans.

No family connections to Birmingham at all.

Perhaps I always wanted to be different and have something unique to me. I must've been about 8-9 at the time. Made a decision and never looked back. I still remember crying when we sold David Platt.

However, it turned out that 4 other lads on my street picked Villa as well at the same time! Only me and two of the lads still support Villa now. I only found that out when a ticket for the Mags match a couple of years ago wasn't delivered to my mums house, but the lad down the street!

Problem came when I moved to Bedford (before moving back up north) when I wore my Villa shirt to play football, a few people thought I was a West Ham fan. I took great delight in telling them it really wasn't.

Turns out we've got quite a few Villa fans on the comedy circuit too.

What made you support the Villa ?

Here is my story.

I used to watch a TV show about cops in London,and in this show there was one detective who came from Birmingham and on nearly every episode the other detectives would sling off at Aston Villa and this guy would stand up for them.

So I decided to find out about Aston Villa, and I read up on them, and the more I read the more interested I got. It took about 2 weeks and I was hooked.

So, that"s my story.

What"s yours ?

I normally hate people who correct spelling but as it's to do with Villa i have to....we're Villans not Villains, we've done nothing wrong :)

Speak for yourself.

Paul McGrath's performances for Ireland at Italia 90. The hype around Ireland and that WC was my first real memories of following football - logically just followed McGrath's club side thereafter and have done ever since.

My story is similar. I remember watching an Ireland game in the bar with my dad, I reckon it was '91 or '92 so I would have been around four or five, and a graphic came up on the screen saying 'Paul McGrath - Aston Villa'.

When I asked my dad what 'Aston Villa' meant he explained how all of these players play club football in England, and that he supported Leeds United. Paul McGrath was my favourite player so I announced that I was an Aston Villa fan.

I'd be lying if I said there haven't been brief moments when I've regretted my decision, but then I just think about how lucky I am that my dad didn't force Leeds on me!

Randy Lerner owns the Browns.

Brad Friedel is from my hometown.

Fairly easy choice for me.

Pretty much the same for me.

I had been living in Europe and was watching loads of English football for years without a team and refused to be a plastic "sky four" supporter. Randy bought Villa and I became one of the lucky ones.

I remember my brothers having scrapbooks, one for Spurs and one for Southampton, and was just about to join my first footy team with my dad as manager, under 8s I think we were. He reckoned it was time to pick a team (we live in Sussex where Brighton were the only football league team) and my grandad suggested Villa as his dad worked building one of the stands at Villa Park. Started my own Villa scrapbook and the rest is history.

Dad was from Dublin and Villa had some pretty good Irish players con Martin, Peter McParland.

took me down when I was very young just got hooked.

My Dad's dad worked as editor of the Villa Programme

My Mum's dad was the Villa coach in the 70's

Passed down through the family :D

F**K me - must have been a strong bugger carrying the players to and from the grounds. Thought they used Flight's in them days, :? :oops:

My uncle used to take my Mom to stand on the Holte during the 60s and 70s (she was there when Rangers tried to take the Holte) so she got me into going down the Villa from the age of about 5. Had a season ticket since I was 13, with a few years out for Uni, and still have a season ticket with my Mom even though I now live in Hertfordshire. Even take her to a few away games which is always good fun - she's nearly 60 and only 5ft, but everyone looks out for her.

A brummie school friend in 1983 told me to support them and, very foolishly, I did. Was half arsed about it at first, but have become more and more obsessed over the years, mostly after reading more and more of the history.

I hope to meet that school friend again some day and "thank" him for sending me down the road to football frustration and disappointment

I grew up watching Nottingham Forest but never really felt anything major for the club, then villa came to town 98/99 season so i would of been around 13, i witnessed a 2-2 draw on a cold November afternoon (villa were actually top of the prem at the time!) started following Villa from then, i guess you could call me a semi-glory hunter little did i know what i was in for! Wouldn't change it though for anything!

1986, School trip to to Old Trafford to watch my first ever game. Manchester United V Aston Villa. I Sat in the Man United end with my class mates (everyone of them a man united fan) near the villa away fans and watched on as Man United stuffed villa 3-1 ( I think) but the Villa fans never stopped singing and chanting and climbing the fences all the way through the game, I Couldnt take my eyes off this amazing away support and from that moment on I became a villa fan, and thats the way it's gonna be till i die.

From Warwickshire, so it was either Villa or Coventry really. My mate's dad was a big Villa fan (I grew up in a Rugby Union household so had no allegiance as a very young child) so he used to take us all to Villa Park about once a month when we were kids.

Born in Wordsley around 12 miles away from Villa Park. My Uncle & Cousin were massive Villa fans and took me to my first ever football match at Villa Park when I was about 10. Been hooked ever since.

Majoritry of my familly are Albion/Wolves. My old man is a plastic Liverscum supporter. **** that!

Villa till I die.

Â