For out of town Villains ........Well mostly

PussEKatt

World Cup Italia 90, quarter finals v Belgium, David platt comes on in extra time and score an over head volly to send us through. I asked my Dad as an impresisobble 10 year old just getting into footy who he was and who he played for. Done deal. Sadly, also was Platts deal to Bari after that so I never saw him play for the claret and blue, but still love him and the villa!

As for the Villain or Villan, I have always believed it to be Villan. My belief comes from the fact that I had a claret and black Villa bench coat (late 90's possibly) that had 'Villan' embroidered on it with the Villan motif.

My dad used to live in Birmingham when I was a kid and I used to go round his every weekend, so I guess it was just all the Villa shirts around that I picked it! That was when I was about 5..... 16 years later I still support them! Try to go to as many games as I can :)

cant believe so many varied fans on here ;D

Pretty obvious... moms side had my great grandad who played for villa. And dad got taken down the villa by a friend when he was young, and got hooked on villa. He then got a season ticket every year and went like all the away games (when he got older of course, because when he was younger his family would never be able to afford tickets ).

Jacks been a season ticket holder since 6, me since the age of 8 as theres a two year difference. So an entire villa family really and theres LOADS of us. haha must be awkward for the blue-nose in-laws to join the family :thumb:

Some wonderful stories on here...!

Mine's similar to many, though... Born in Sutton Coldfield, lived in Erdington, Villa in the family for generations and, so not so much a choice as a given.

My earliest memory is my father showing me a photo in the Sports Argus of the League Cup win over Norwich. So I was hooked from then on...

Then, a few years later, a woman he worked with at the old Schrader factory on Tyburn Rd billeted Tony Morley when he first came to Birmingham. My father bought me an autograph book, gave it to her, she gave it to Morley, he took it to the lads, and I ended up with the autographs of pretty much the entire European Cup winning squad, before they won it!!! Plus Sir Ron, coaching staff, physio, the lot!!!

Keep 'em coming... Great thread...

Just hunted down aforementioned autograph book...

Among several I can't make out: Ron Saunders, Jim Smith (Physio), Gary Williams, Allan Evans, Alex Cropley, Nigel Spink, Dennis Mortimer, Jimmy Rimmer, Gary Shelton, Eamon Deacy, Brendan Ormsby, Des Bremner, Kenny swain, Terry Donovan, David Geddis, Gary Shaw, Pat Heard, Terry Bullivant, Peter Withe...

Just thought I'd share...

My family is split between Villa and Cov. I am not a stupid idiot, so ofc I have followed the Villa from the time I first got interested in football, around '94, at age 8. My mums side is practically all Villa though, apart from my uncle who supports Wolves. That apparently stems from him simply rebelling against my Grandad and not supporting Villa when he was younger, as everyone else did :P Stupid idiot. Well, there's also my Nan who is a Sunderland fan, as she's originally from up there.

Oh yh. I should probably mention that we are and have always been midlanders. In that nice little void that isn't really West Midlands and isn't East Midlands. It all came from my Grandad's dad, I know that much, but why he started following the Villa I don't know. I would hazard a guess that it is simply down to the Villa being the best club in the midlands :angel:

when I was about 5, my best mate was a lad named Gary, who was about 8, and lived next door. One day, when I called for him, he said I wasnt allowed in his house unless I was a Villa Fan. I had genuinely never heard of any football team, in fact, when he asked me who I supported, I said England. Anyway, I wanted to go in his house to play, coz he had one of them grandstand games with the bat and ball that you played on the telly. So I agreed to support Villa. Been stuck with em ever since.

Chelmsley Wood, mainly a nose area, but no doubt who I supported. Now live near Luton, but lad is 19 and a big Villa fan as well, daughter has had Villa shirts, but only been to one game and won money on first scorer, Darius v Southampton first game of season when Carlton Cole looked a world beater.

my grandad played for villa in early fifties (herbie smith) and all my family who grew up on the glebe are villa fans.

i have to say i was brought up on chelmsley wood and even though there are more bluse fans there, you would be supprised how many villa also live their, i would say it's about 60/40 blues

Family tradition for me, as recently as 2010 my Great-Grandfather was still alive and his father supported Villa before him so I guess our history of support stretches back pretty close to when the club was formed, certainly at least back until around the turn of the 20th century.

Just gotta have a kid of my own now to continue the tradition.......

both sides of my family followed the villa also most of my village when i went to first school supported the villa so no question i would follow any other team villa through and through

My Grandad says 'When I go to the Villa Park I have to go to The Holte End because it feels like home and I get quite emotional'. He's said something along those lines a couple of times over the years. And he's the reason I support Villa really, took me to my first game and was constantly reading the Sports Argus whenever I saw him.

My family on both sides supported Villa. My first game was a 3-2 vs Wimbledon but I cant remember it. I remember a 0-0 vs Middlesborough but my earliest memory and when I first really enjoyed watching football was a bit later on, I don't know why it is because I can't remember much of the game. We were playing Utd and Merson was having a pretty good game from what I remember, we had a corner and he was winding up the Utd fans behind him and pretended to take the corner from halfway between the cornerflag and the goal. The Utd fans went mad, he laughed and wound them up some more, there was some chants from the Villa end and I thought the atmosphere was ace.

I'd always been a Villa fan but I think thats when I started really enjoying it, no idea why, it just stands out to me.

Born and raised in North Birmingham.

Dad supports Villa and took me to Villa Park at a young age.

I remember playing somebody in the UEFA Cup (Celtic Vigo?) I think we got a penalty. We went home early because I feel asleep. I then went home and played Pokemon Gold for the first time :D

Â