Speculation: Matt Phillips (Blackpool FC)

bickster

mirror

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert is set to...

He is also keen to snap up Leeds... Blackpool forward Matt Phillips as part of his Villa Park revolution.

Lambert has given Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner a list of targets to steer the club away from another relegation battle.

With a transfer fund of around £20million, he knows he must find value for money

Would love to see him sign for us.

Speedy little player who isn't scared to run at defenders. Even if he isn't ready as a starting 11 player he would add some much needed quality and some depth to the squad!

He looks good and will be a good player. I would prefer a more experienced winger though as we have a lot of young talent coming through who can play wide in Carruthers, Albrighton, Grealish, Graham, Robinson and Cameron. (A couple of them will make it.)

I would take Phillips, he's going to be a good player but if I had the choice I'd take a more experienced winger who can see a game out and not as likely to make inexperienced mistakes. Adam Johnson would be great for us and has more experience, whether we can get him is a different issue though

I wouldn't be against signing him. Good pace, can beat a player, deliver a decent ball and also score a few. Only 21 as well. I imagine a bid of around £2 million would be enough to get him, unless Holloway started being an idiot again. I think I remember Cardiff having a bid rejected for him in January for about £1 million.

He might be good enough but it is less than a year ago that he couldn't get into the Blackpool side in the championship and was sent out on loan to league 1 Sheffield United. Plus if we sign him it would give less chances to Carruthers who looks like he could be ready to step up too.

I have seen quite a bit of Blackpool last season living up here and all that.

Totally agree Ince is a far better prospect than Phillips he is going to be one hell of a player

Although direct and pacey Phillips for me lacks something

Think Ince would be great for us

Â