Euro 2012: Group A (Pol, Rus, Cze, Gre)

TrentVilla

Love how everyone underestimates the Czechs. Well we won the group!! Surprised by the Greeks though

Thought the Czechs had their tactics spot on tonight. They knew the Poles would be at them from the off, but they soaked it up and were a different team 2nd half when they had to do something.

Thought Pilar was awesome tonight, hard to believe that he was snapped up before the tournament for less than a mill. That my friends, is scouting for you!!

I wonder what the odds on a Group A Czech/Greece 1-2 were before the start of the tournament.

I wonder what they were after the first round of games in group A after Russia had thrashed the Czechs and Greece looked awful against Poland.

I knew the Czech's would go through. I remember people were writing them off in this thread before the tournament started which I thought was odd. Very surprised that Russia went out though but after the trouble that their fans they've been causing I bet the authorities are over the moon that they've gone! There are some right characters in that Greece side!

I can't deny being a little disappointed that the Greeks are through, for the pure spectacle of the thing - they've been **** terrible and awful to watch.

Football purist I see :|

I knew the Czech's would go through. I remember people were writing them off in this thread before the tournament started which I thought was odd. Very surprised that Russia went out though but after the trouble that their fans they've been causing I bet the authorities are over the moon that they've gone! There are some right characters in that Greece side!

The reason I thought the Czechs would go out was because they had Baros up front, they were in a very easy qualifying group with Scotland and only got ahead of the Jocks because of a late dive at hampden park. Also been unconvincing in the friendlies. But to be fair they deserve to go through even though they have a negative goal diference.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

despite the absolutely pathetic and complete and utter biased refeering that we have had to undertake during this tournament i am so proud of my boys. all tournament we have been screwed over by key decisions and depsite that we have overcome all odds and gone through.

its all for there to see that we are not the most gifted team but even with the crap commentary from that complete idiot mark bright we shut him up and showed heart and passion thats all i ask for. karagounis is a absolute legend and its a complete and utter travesty he has to miss the next game. he was so right when he said is it because we are greek that we are getting screwed over?

we are likely to get germany and get absolutely destroyed next round and i am looking to go out to poland but i dont care we have exceeded expectations and gone past thE group stage

in addition congratultions to our friends the czechs for also proving the doubters wrong and going through

proud to be greek. HELLAS!!!!!!!!

I can't deny being a little disappointed that the Greeks are through, for the pure spectacle of the thing - they've been **** terrible and awful to watch.

Football purist I see :|

:?

Considering that England won't be winning this tournament, and I'm watching a lot of matches as a neutral, I don't think it's particularly bizarre to want the better sides to watch to advance. The Greeks play hideous football and are shit. It's slightly embarassing they've gotten through imo.

If it was Villa, I don't give a rats arse what football we play so long as we win. Sadly it isn't Villa and the closest I've gotten to Greek was eating in a Greek restaurant about 3 years ago. So you'll forgive me for being disappointed that a fun Russian team have fallen foul of a stupid rule on deciding a tie break and a bunch of no-hopers advanced.

Â