Euro 2012: Group A (Pol, Rus, Cze, Gre)

TrentVilla

Quality game, really enjoyed that.

Helped by the fact that I won £50 on it. But the game itself was just great, excellent passion from both sets of players, fans were loud, football was a decent quality although both teams were really missing that true bit of class.

two game sin and two awful reffering decisions have cost us we had yet another goal marked off and his one was not offside disgrace. yes our quality was awfully poor for the first 30 miuites ut we got better and czech republic did nohing after our keeper when off injured. we have been screwed

the karagounis mome with the physio was hiarous though. must be cutting down on costs :)

They look like they are asleep half the time. When they wake up they can play a bit, but it seems to always be a case of too little, too late. I fancy Russia and Poland will qualify from this group.

Dzagoev only has 6 months left on his contract...

wont go anywhere and will probably sign a new deal as lots of money there. PLayers rarely leave Russia and when they do hardly do much compared to back home like KErzhakov, Arshavin, Sychev etc

i agree about being half alseep but the facts are in two games we have been robbed with crucial decisons
By the same token you were handed a win on a plate by Zzzzzzesny and blew it. κούνιες και κυκλικούς κόμβους, innit.

yep although the poles were doing all they could to put us off by delaying the kick and their keeper tampering with the penalty spot which wasnt mentioned at all

pen miss was crucial no question

That's good goalkeeping though, all those little mind games are crucial. As soon as you get the taker to pay attention to you they're in trouble, be it through facing up to him before the kick is taken, resetting the ball like Tytoń did or just wishing them luck before they take it. Wasn't even that bad a penalty really, I'd wager a shorter goalkeeper might not have got enough on it to turn it away. Just unfortunate it was up against a big bastard!

And we all pronounce Szczesny wrong. I work with a Pole (most Irish do :P)

It's not "Shezny", it's "Shchuzneh".

Carry on.

I've rarely seen a penalty that was so easy to save.

If you watch it back and watch his body shape as he approaches the ball it was only ever going one place. That isn't hingsight I was in a room of 5 people and 4 of us called where he was going to place it before he struck the ball.

It wasn't a good penatly and I don't think it was unlucky, in fact I thought it was a terrible penalty and I'm sorry Dem but Greece have been pretty terrible.

Â