No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine that some of you are feeling rather silly now after your Solskjaer love in! You should know better by now lads, especially with Villa that it's never a good thing to get over excited about a new appointment until it is 100% confirmed as a done deal by Villa! For some of you, whoever we appoint will be seen as a huge disappointment now! To be honest, Lambert has always been my number one choice to replace McLeish BUT at the same time I wasn't against the idea of Solskjaer either. I'm just hoping that this manager search isn't about to go pear shaped, which after the last two years would be typical of Villa. If we appoint Kevin MacDonald then I'll be very disappointed.

@JanAageFjortoft

I said I was 110 % sure he would join Villa if offered job. Still am.

That was posted 35(ish) minutes ago.

the point seemingly being that we haven't offered it ....

The thing is, even though we could argue that Villa have made no statements regarding us going after Solskjaer and that it's not their fault that all this has got out of hand, it's another PR disaster. The thing should have been way better covered up, again the fear is we'll miss out on other decent candidates because of this farce and be forced to settle for someone way down the list.

This is all just conjecture but you have to say if it's confirmed, it stinks of incompetence of the highest order. I mean we should all keep the faith but after last season's appointment, you do worry.

I imagine that some of you are feeling rather silly now after your Solskjaer love in! You should know better by now lads, especially with Villa that it's never a good thing to get over excited about a new appointment until it is 100% confirmed as a done deal by Villa! For some of you, whoever we appoint will be seen as a huge disappointment now! To be honest, Lambert has always been my number one choice to replace McLeish BUT at the same time I wasn't against the idea of Solskjaer either. I'm just hoping that this manager search isn't about to go pear shaped, which after the last two years would be typical of Villa. If we appoint Kevin MacDonald then I'll be very disappointed.
Well good for you not getting excited.

Maybe, he said clutching at straws, OGS asked to not be considered officially, unofficially meaning "I dont want to be considered as well as otheres. If you want me, either offer me the job or forget it."!?

Ah well, mad thick Mick McCarthy it is then :'(

Still think something isn't quite right about this, I am now asking more questions and have less answers than before. Really not quite sure what is going on and am feeling a little baffled.

Localpaper TidensKrav after Solskjær landed just before midnight: - Why have you said no to Villa? OGS: Let' s speak after training 2morrow

so i guess we will have a few more pages of speculation until tomorrow

Still think something isn't quite right about this, I am now asking more questions and have less answers than before. Really not quite sure what is going on and am feeling a little baffled.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has given Aston Villa a message that he is no longer a candidate for the vacant post of manager of the club. This was confirmed by Aston Villa's press officer, Bryan Doogan.

Its over mate.

Yes. back to you trees. I spotted it: what the **** is with Barbados? Amongst the suicide, nobody seems to be picking up on West Indies flights.

Martinez is there on holiday according to SSN

i think trees was poking fun at the media that were following his posts here

Ok, I'm sticking my neck out here.. But here goes.

Do not lock this thread yet.

Strangely, for somebody who was a little negative before. I am now wondering if he is trying to force Villa's hand and get them to move quicker.

Or maybe I am tired and pissed off.

Night all and UTV.