No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

It shouldn't shock you, its the kind of thing that happens in cities devoid of any meaningful culture

Mate, that is an epic description of the city as a whole :lol:

Southampton makes Coventry seem interesting

Bicks, to be fair Soton is bad but Coventry is a sh*thole without equal!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't shock you, its the kind of thing that happens in cities devoid of any meaningful culture

Mate, that is an epic description of the city as a whole :lol:

Southampton makes Coventry seem interesting

Lets not go overboard there. ;)

Btw, where have you gone on twitter!?!

2 ITK peeps I follow have both just tweeted OGS to Villa nailed on......I've never seen either of them get things wrong. When they post in the way they have.
Is something happening soon? Seems all kinds of credible sources are now coming out of the woodwork and saying it will happen.

Think they read this thread...

My step dad despises Southampton. Almost hates them as much as SHA.

Fourth Official ‏@Fourth_Official

Ole Gunnar Solskaer will be the new Aston Villa manager #AVFC

Isn't this guy quite credible? I can't see him saying "OGS will be the new Villa manager" if he wasn't sure. I've seen his other tweets and for some things he just says "I think this" or "I think that".

Fourth_Official is a good source, yes.

If he's confident, so am I.

Plus Gazton is saying the same.

Gazton saying it last week was good enough for me.

Just saw a Southampton fan tweet that he hopes we get OGS cos we'll go down. It retweeted it, give him abuse! ;)

He's right though. It would be a crazy appointment. We might as well get Neil Lennon in.

As for those people citing Fergie's opinons on Solsjaer, give me a break. Fergie is the same man who gave /offered coaching roles to Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, Steve McLaren and so on. If Solsjaer was genuinely as good as some of the people on here have talked themselves into believing Fergie would have made sure he stuck around.

This whole thing has snowballed out of nothing into some kind of x Factor generation popularity contest. I hope for the good of our club that RL/PF pay no heed whatsoever to the opinions of a whole load of excitable youngsters on internet forums.

Lambert, Martinez, AVB, Rodgers, A.N. Other are THE options.

I'd love to see how OGS would react to thirty odd thousand fans booing him out of the ground ten matches into the season with Villa rock bottom of the table. Has he the character, guts and experience to deal with that situation? He certainly hasn't got the experience.

My final worry is that OGS will be using Fergie as a mentor, buying his crocks and taking his players on loan. This would not be good for Villa's long term future either. Likewise the six guaranteed points for his mentor every season.

In short a huge NO to OGS. It would be an utterly insane appointment.

- As a human being, OGS is absolutely nothing like Neil Lennon

- I haven't seen a single person citing SAF's opinion as a reason to go for OGS.

- Your point that SAF would have wanted him to stick around if he was any good makes no sense. How's he going to get experience that way?

- You're right that this thing has snowballed, helped by some excitable youngsters and some who are just excitable, like me. I'm about up for some excitement after last season.

- With the kind of momentum of good will OGS will have, it would take a while before he faced booing. All the more reason he's likely to be successful.

The board should not make this decision based on what the fans think. The fans have never met OGS.

If faulkner and lerner have met him and like what he is about then fine, but fan opinion changes like the wind.

Hmmmm is Gazton fourth official?

According to my info, FO is a Tranmere fan and a blawhard of an Everton fan. One or both with tendrils deep into less public knowledge.

Really don't know how I feel about OGS. I can see the attraction in terms of experimenting with an exciting young manager who is highly thought of but he is still really an unknown quantity. Hopefully his enthusiasm and ideas will pay dividends. However if he is to get the time and the support he needs I hope that he and the club give us some idea of the ambitions.

That said I don't want any of the old brigade of managers who have won sweet FA and Lambert, Martinez etc are not proven really either.

2 ITK peeps I follow have both just tweeted OGS to Villa nailed on......I've never seen either of them get things wrong. When they post in the way they have.

Who are the two you follow? @fourth_official and @kkfootball1 ?

Just saw a Southampton fan tweet that he hopes we get OGS cos we'll go down. It retweeted it, give him abuse! ;)

No need to give him abuse, he's a Southampton fan that should be enough for him.

Edit: Hi Mr Trees, Hi Gazton.

Hello :)

Nothing has changed since my last message on the subject, my guy has been told OGS is our new manager.

I just came in my pants.

No need to give him abuse, he's a Southampton fan that should be enough for him.

Edit: Hi Mr Trees, Hi Gazton.

Hello :)

Nothing has changed since my last message on the subject, my guy has been told OGS is our new manager.

I just came in my pants.

Be glad they weren't somebody elses.