No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I'm only reading a twitter feed, but it sounds as though he is answering everything as you would expect him to answer, given the scenario. All very generic answers... he said he has ambitions to manager in the PL, that he has 2 years left on his contract. The other dude said that there had been a breakdown of trust...

Reading between the lines I think he wants to become manager, we want him as manager but we just need to sort out the situation regarding compensation.

Exactly my impression as well, and I have seen it live. Very humble and generic answers, not trying to offend anyone. But when a few questions about us came along, he answered exactly what we want to hear. He cannot say that he wants to go because if we suckerpunch him he is left in trouble.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you expect to hear anything from Villa?

"That is up to them. We will take it when that comes around"

Will you take another trip if offered?

"We will have to deal with that when and if it happens"

Which is basically the most important thing that came out of this PC. If he's offered the job, he'll take it. IMO :D

Pretty clear he wants the job.

His price on Betfair has shot up with 5.5... that is a serious overreaction to a press conference where you expect him to answer everything as he just said even if he is leaving... (due to legalities regarding his compensation I'd imagine...)

When asked if he is expecting another call from Villa, OGS says that it´s up to Villa. "They are looking for a new manager, and i expect them to talk to several candidates."

No one from the media has asked if a deal actually has been made. OGS looked uncomfortable up there, and neither he nor the Molde officials has said that he has declined any offer from Villa, or that they guarantee that he will be staying at Molde. I guess he´s ours if we want him!

The deal is very much still on. It's a question of us going through the motions of interviews and formally offering him the job. He's not going to walk away from Molde without an offer from Villa. An offer he'd take.

That's a very obvious "I would love the job and would take it if it was offered to me."

He's not going to say 'yes I want to leave' if he hasn't been offered the job yet.

He's said allthe right things to keep Molde fans and players on his side should he not get offered the Villa job, but it seems that if we offer him the job (probably waiting until their game this weekend) then he'll jump at it. And with the whole "I'm under contract here" and "not looking for a job" and all that, that ensures he gets all his compensation from all parties.

There's no new news about this press conference. We haven't offered him the job (yet) and he can't risk burning his bridges in case we decide to go for someone else.

Reading his answers it does now seem like he is doing the sensible thing. Covering himself in case Villa decide to go with someone else. That way he won't be resented by Molde fans.

Still think it's in our court. If we want him he's ours. Good to have that option there IMHO.

I don't think this necessarily means anything either way. He is basically not saying anything concrete, except for the known facts. At the moment there is no concrete offer so the way he sees it he has a 2 year contract and there is no reason that he won't fulfill that.

He is not saying he will stay if he does get an offer, which is the important part for me. Reading between the lines I think if he is offered the job then he will take it.

It is my opinion too, even if I find the language in western Norway somewhat difficult to understand ( I am swedish). The club and OGS have talk about what has happend and if they can go on or if they have to split. they will go on and the clubis well aware of the situation and that i soon can change. that´s probobly why the club is talking about just the next three games.

Aston Villa has the ball now and OGS is waiting for them to come back. This pc don´t change anything from yesterday

Oh man, if I could of been bothered I could of made a fortune on Betfair with all the swings on this market. Solskjaer is still hot favorite after that press conference and yet his price is still 3, and was 5.5 a few minutes ago. Lots of money to be made there... :)

Nice to see a promising up and coming manager willing to come to the Villa. The job isn't as poisonous as some may have you think. OGS has just done a good job there, especially on the Molde side of the things.