No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Latest update is that Mr Lerner's jet has departed for the U.S., undoubtedly with him on it.

So lots of remote negotiation, please come and meet the owner before he has to fly home to fulfil his personal obligations.

Signed, sealed and delivered, I think.

interesting

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, has anyone remotely considered the possibility that they guy may even say no to us and what that means for our continued managerail pursuit?

No, I very much doubt he'd have gotten on the plane otherwise.

I would imagine the meat and bones of the deal has been sorted by Randy, and he has left Faulkner will deal with the finer details, either that or it has all fallen through and Randy has stormed off on his plane in a strop.

Really pleased that mostly everyone seems so happy with our pursuit of OGS. I have my doubts and continue to have them despite the euphoric nature of some of the posts.

But, has anyone remotely considered the possibility that they guy may even say no to us and what that means for our continued managerail pursuit?

We all know this is a risk, but every managerial appointment is. I remember when Ron Saunders was appointed that there were very few Villa supporters who wanted him.

Even if OGS turns us down I think Randy has played this much better than last year. Instead of waiting for the likes of Dave Whelan to tell us we are not big enough for Martinez, Randy has been pro-active. The last article I read is that Martinez is now seriously considering Villa as he is not sure he is ready for Liverpool.

Its like the woman next door who you fancy something rotten, you always want what you can't have.

Anyway, breaking news in Norway is that the corporate group Aker is to sell their ownership in Molde and pull funding. Aker is controlled by Kjell Inge Røkke (some of you nerds may remember that this is the guy who owned Wimbledon some years ago). If this is true, the chances of Sunny Rock in the Water coming to Villa has just increased substantially. Without the Aker/Røkke money, Molde is fuuuuucked.

Kjell Inge Røkke's private jet

If this is planned into BHX this weekend, I am going to start laying.....

Pic isn't showing.

Why would you start laying?

it is now.

i was being flippant, that Røkke might send his jet to grab his man back. :)

Phew!

Please refrain from such comments in future trees. They can cause vast panic/hysteria.. :lol:

I must say, I'm VERY pleased about this news. Solskjær has done well in Norway and has a little bit experience from ManUtd. But most importantly, he could really rally the fans and get us going for Villa!

He's reported to have been playing very watchable and attacking football - and winning the title doing so. Impressive.

He's more than welcome IMO!

Latest update is that Mr Lerner's jet has departed for the U.S., undoubtedly with him on it.

So lots of remote negotiation, please come and meet the owner before he has to fly home to fulfil his personal obligations.

Signed, sealed and delivered, I think.

good good.

pity its the weekend tomorrow, i guess they'll wait till Monday to announce it now.