The football gifs thread (possible 3G warning!)

The_Rev

• 4 weeks later...

its not a particularly nice bounce either, that would be hard it the ball was on the ground but its skipping along, great technique, hasn't tried to smash it, hardly any back lift or follow through used the pace off the ball and shaped it exactly where he wants 

its great play by ramsey too

In last night's Burton-Fulham penalty shoot out........

ruiz-penalty-burton.gif

Didn't they change the rule a few years back so that this would be a goal. It used to be that in a penalty shoot-out once the ball didn't go directly in, it wasn't a goal. Once it's travelling away from the goal (after hitting the post) it's a miss. So he's lucky in more ways than one.

AFAIK it's always been a goal. Remember Luis Fernandes (I think it was him) for France against Brazil in the pen shoot out in the quarter final in the WC '86? He hit the post and then in the back of Carlos head and into the net and it was allowed. It was either Fernandes or Bruno Bellone.

AFAIK it's always been a goal. Remember Luis Fernandes (I think it was him) for France against Brazil in the pen shoot out in the quarter final in the WC '86? He hit the post and then in the back of Carlos head and into the net and it was allowed. It was either Fernandes or Bruno Bellone.

That might be the one I'm thinking of. It was allowed, but I think it turned out that under the rules at that time it shouldn't have been allowed (i.e. the ref made an error), so they changed the rule to make it a correct decision.

Â