Speculation: Karl Henry (Wolves)

dounavilla

and it still didn't have a single quote or attribution or anything to suggest any sort of substance...

You rarely get quotes in these type of article, Mat Kendrick was saying that Stuart James bloke who writes the articles is usually very clued up. We know McLeish and his team have come up with names, as McLeish has said so. Good chance someone else knows about some of these name's he is interested in. Henry is exactly the player I could imagine him getting as well.

Is this the first VillaTalk thread where everyone has agreed.

If he does join, his first meeting with Albrighton will be interesting. He backheeled him in the chest a few months ago.

He is not good enough.

Karl Henry is amongst the footballers I detest the most.

He does not play football, he is straight-up violent and incredibly poor on the ball.

We need grit in the middle yes, but this is certainly not the way to go. Buying players like this will only turn us into an even more obvious relegation candidate than we already are.

Karl **** Henry, god's sake!

Can everyone please relax.

He has not signed, it is only speculation. And you know how most speculation/gossip turns out to be bullshit.

I don't think anyone here is going to relax yet.

Can everyone please relax.

He has not signed, it is only speculation. And you know how most speculation/gossip turns out to be bullshit.

I don't think anyone here is going to relax yet.

Exactly. Good speculation recently has turned out to be bullshit, stuff like this has a habit of coming true.

Can't believe it.

Newcastle sign Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Ba for circa £15m'ish I believe whilst we sign NZogbia and Hutton for a similar combined total and RL still appears to want to trust him with transfer funds!!

You would have thought he might have learnt after MON?

Can't believe it.

Newcastle sign Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Ba for circa £15m'ish I believe whilst we sign NZogbia and Hutton for a similar combined total and RL still appears to want to trust him with transfer funds!!

You would have thought he might have learnt after MON?

If 15m is roughly right for those players, then Newcastle have got Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse for the money we got for Ash and Downing plus over 10m in change.

Bringing in a good DoF and a progressive manager would see the end of these type of rumours, and hopefully show the way that quality players are available.

What do you get if you buy Karl Henry? Hustle and bustle from an "in your face" thug, a useless first touch and no technique whatsoever. He won't help you win a game, but he will regularly kick enough of the opposition to make it harder for them to beat us.

What do you get if you buy Brett Holman? Hustle and bustle and lots of energy, but a poor first touch. No great technique but he will get in opposition faces enough to make it harder to beat us.

Is there a pattern emerging here?

Â