All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

I mean fornicacion.

I find myself how widespread it was in ancient times, especially among females, who were of course required on pain of death by the customs of the time to keep themselves chaste until marriage

I knew what you meant, sex that somebody else has said you shouldn't be having for whatever reason, most obviously your family / husband / religion telling you no sex before you are married off to a man.

The answer is the same though, always, for ever.

If you can establish the first time somebody tried to set out some rules, out on some island in the Hebrides or wherever, I'll go that date plus 15 minutes for the first contravention of the rules. The fact that somebody would need to set mores on this suggests it was always happening and somebody important either wasn't getting their share or was trying to reduce the number of times they caught something nasty.

Someone really should do a study on the history of, uh, fornication. My gut feeling is that both genders have been doing it since time immemorial, but I'm interested in seeing what scientific and historical analysis have to say about this.

I'm quietly confident both sexes have been doing sex for a long time.

Ever since that first apple.

Shouldn't that be cherry?

I knew what you meant, sex that somebody else has said you shouldn't be having for whatever reason, most obviously your family / husband / religion telling you no sex before you are married off to a man.

The answer is the same though, always, for ever.

If you can establish the first time somebody tried to set out some rules, out on some island in the Hebrides or wherever, I'll go that date plus 15 minutes for the first contravention of the rules. The fact that somebody would need to set mores on this suggests it was always happening and somebody important either wasn't getting their share or was trying to reduce the number of times they caught something nasty.

Of course it happened, I just wonder if it happened less (or more).

I wonder, in all of history, of all the people that have ever lived, who had the best sex? hmmm.. interesting question to ponder in a religious thread..

I know this one.

September 9th, 2013, just about all afternoon, the operation was healed up, the kids were back in school and we were both 'working from home'.

Gave it the full 5 minute spectacular, then, an hour later did it again. Then we had biscuits.

Can't remember his name.

Met a sexologist from the Middle East a couple of years ago.

He did say there was a bit of a revolution going on.

Fascinating chap, he'd teach those that for one reason or another were scared or ignorant of sex.

?

Mixed response, and that doesn't mean "shall we hang or stone her?" ;)

Plenty of complaints - It's not going happen again soon, but also some support.

It was broadcast from a London studio, and it's become known that some Saudi Prince or other ain't too bothered about his employees covering their heads in the land of the infidel.

If it looked like she was going to suffer returning to Saudi, she could always stay at my place.

The US isn't solely responsible for al Qaeda - they're not directly responsible for that group in any way, really.

Al Qaeda means 'The Base' or 'the Database', which was derived from a contact book of Mujahideen fighters from the war against the Soviets in the 1980s. A few of those Mujahideen fighters rose up again in the late 90s in response, in part, to Western interference in the Islamic/Middle Eastern world. The US involvement with the group is only that they provided arms to the Mujahideen in Afghanistan in the 80s to assist fighting off the Soviets - particularly notably giving them Stinger missiles to take out Soviet choppers (not an unusual decision, at the time, the Cold War had both sides quite openly supporting various sides in numerous conflicts that kicked off throughout the period). That some of those men survived the Afghan invasion and became radicalised and struck out against the West isn't something you can lay at the US's feet - unless you wish, a little harshly, to suggest they should have expected a development of an international terrorist brand name to be brought about by their own global self interest.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would somebody conceal their identity with a scarf through fear, but give their own name in their own voice?

maybe it's a false name, and they've effected a different voice too?  ;)

mid you, that 'scarf'; is barely a disguise ... farely distinctive eyebrows on display too ...

Â