Iconic Villa Moments

donnie

1) When Ginola took off his shirt and flexed his muscles after Gregory called him 'fat'

2) The atkinson wonder goal against wimbledon

3) THAT BANNER! 'we are not fickle, we just dont like you'

I would love to know what that gobshite said to Dublin to provoke that, he was normally quite well mannered.

On topic, apart from the obvious. Phil King's penalty against Inter. Atkinson's wondergoal. And I know it wasn't playing for Villa, but McGrath's ball control, taking it off Baggio in the world cup was magic.

Selfish iconic moment:

My journey, as a passenger, in a car from North London back to Birmingham after losing 2-0 to Arsenal at Highbury and winning the title.

Seeing hundreds of cars, coaches and minibuses going up the M1 and M6 decorated with Villa scarves and banners then getting home and walking in the house to be greeted by my father, a lifelong bluenose.

What a day!

I've been going to Villa Park since 1998, and the most iconic moment I can think of was the CC semi final victory over Blackburn, that really does say a lot.

Selfish iconic moment:

My journey, as a passenger, in a car from North London back to Birmingham after losing 2-0 to Arsenal at Highbury and winning the title.

Seeing hundreds of cars, coaches and minibuses going up the M1 and M6 decorated with Villa scarves and banners then getting home and walking in the house to be greeted by my father, a lifelong bluenose.

What a day!

Indeed. I was staying with a mate in east London - travelled back to his place on the tube in my Villa colours - locals all assumed I was West Ham!

Although he was (is) a Baggies fan, we went out and got steaming that night.

Not sure its iconic, but when Dwight Yorke scored 2 diving headers against Liverpool to win 2-0 and the commentator saying '' you can feel the relief around Villa Park'' after a relegation scare. Guess its in my mind because of this season being the way it is ;( .

That was the year we had the green , red and black kit with Muller on.

The League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg against Tranmere which brought tears of joy to quite a few blokes stood around me on a packed Holte End in 1994.
Best game I've ever been at.

Deano's first game for us against Liverpool, Ronnie Rosenthal hitting the bar with an open goal, right in front of us in the Holte.

David Platts header v Bradford City in 1988 vital goal in a vital game, and the first time in my Villa supporting career that I had felt the ground vibrating with noise! Iconic maybe not for every one but for me unforgettable! UTV

1. Chris Nichol's goal at Old Trafford against Everton in the League Cup Final. We had battered them throughout the second half but were still a goal down, when Nichol shaped up to shoot. I turned to my mate and said what is Nichol shooting from there for, goooooooooal.

2. Peter's winner against WBA from Brendon Batson's back pass in front of a full house at VP. That was the night that I really thought we were going to win the league for the first time in seventy odd years.

Â