General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Let's start a rumor Moyes was seen getting on Randy's jet and see what happens. :D
Lerner regrets sending plane to Liverpool airport to meet with Moyes

article-2059779-0EBEF12900000578-427_468x565.jpg

Let's start a rumor Moyes was seen getting on Randy's jet and see what happens. :D
Lerner regrets sending plane to Liverpool airport to meet with Moyes

article-2059779-0EBEF12900000578-427_468x565.jpg

:clap::crylaugh:

So Lambert is apparently OUT. As is OGS.

Ok now I'm confused and concerned as to just what the board are thinking...

Hopefully one of Moyes, Benitez, AVB or Paciencia.

Realistically one of Martinez, RDM, Holloway or Grayson.

Sad **** times are here again. Oh well, optimism was fun while it lasted.

Grayson? **** THAT.

More or less experience than OGS?

Got sacked from West Brom, that's enough for me. Sure he won the Champions league, but Chelsea have a different quality squad than us. West Brom on the other hand had a similar squad to us.

The Baggies lost 3-0 at Manchester City on Saturday and the club said a run of 13 defeats in 18 games was the reason for the decision

I couldn't take those sort of results for another season.

Not....sure....if....serious.

Thing is, I'm actually surprised. I didn't think they could possibly not have learned from their cockup last year. Amazing, just amazing.

To be fair we might have, you just dont know. For all we know the search is going fine.

Just because one particular target has been played out for all to see means nothing really.

Well apart from everyone getting their nickers in a twist and becoming experts in running a football club overnight :D

I think the point is that we, unlike the board (apparently) at least became experts in how NOT to run a football club over the last 12 months.

Really? We were all excited about a manager with little experience just because he was a name we recognized. Whilst managers with more experience like Grayson are sneered at, yes that makes sense!

Fans should be ignored, we know very little about running a football club; we might have knowledge of certain aspects but not as a whole. Lerner and Faulkner have been doing it a few years now, so them knowing nothing at the start had some weight, but how many years do they have to do it for us to actually think they know what they are doing?

Its certainly not as black and white as saying, get him he's good. Job done!

Gareth you will know a bit more on Rangnick, worth a go?
He quit Schalke due to exhaustion, I can't really see the Villa job being one to ease yourself back into the game with! Also, one thing that's always played on my mind with regards to Rangnick is that his success/failure at a club has on occasion seemed to correlate with the relative ease of the job he was given.

For example, he took Hoffenheim from the semi-professional Regionalliga Süd (third tier) to the 1.Liga in consecutive seasons. At a cursory glance that's quite a feat, but he arrived at Hoffenheim at a time of considerable investment in the club and dropped down to that level after being axed by Schalke. He wound up with funds at his disposal far, far beyond that of teams not only at the same level but a fair few above. Had Hoffenheim not been such an attractive prospect, I doubt he'd have gone there in the first place.

On the flip-side, he still had to use that money well and if you look at the players he brought into the club (especially during their time in the 2.Liga) you've got to say he unearthed some absolute gems. He effectively launched the careers of:

•Carlos Eduardo

•Chinedu Obasi

•Demba Ba

•Vedad Ibišević

•Luiz Gustavo

Those are just a few examples, there's a hefty list of players whose career Rangnick either helped turn around or provide a springboard for during his time at Hoffenheim.

Prior to that, Rangnick got Hannover 96 promoted to the 1.Liga at a canter in his first season but was righfully fired in his third after a poor run of results. After that (and immediately before Hoffenheim) came his first spell at Schalke, where once again an impressive debut season - finishing second place in the league to Bayern Munich with a vastly inferior squad - was followed by poor results in the following campaign; despite winning the Ligapokal (a now defunct pseudo-Charity Shield, only with 6 teams instead of 2), he was dismissed before the Winterpause with Schalke way off the pace in the league after a poor opening run in addition to an embarassing early exit from the DFB-Pokal.

Before all that (and in his first major managerial role) he took VfB Stuttgart from back-to-back 4th place finishes prior to his appointment to near-relegation by the time he was sacked in his third campaign.

As far as Rangnick's second stint at Schalke, he was in charge for all of 23 games before he quit citing exhaustion. He took charge at the tail-end of their horrific 10/11 campaign, but (save for trouncing Inter Milan in the Champion's League) he did nothing to improve the team's fortunes, registering 2 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses in the league as Schalke stumbled their way to survival. They were a bit stop/start at the beginning of last season too.

For me, personally, I wouldn't want Rangnick.

Cheers Gareth.

Any decent up and coming German managers that might be attainable?

Grayson? **** THAT.

Got sacked from West Brom, that's enough for me. Sure he won the Champions league, but Chelsea have a different quality squad than us. West Brom on the other hand had a similar squad to us.

The Baggies lost 3-0 at Manchester City on Saturday and the club said a run of 13 defeats in 18 games was the reason for the decision

Too right i am. The old boys at Chelsea got AVB the sack. They gave the job to RDM because he's another soft manager. He wouldn't dare challenge Terry or Lampard. What do you think would happen here with Dunne, Collins and alcoholic Herd?

article-2118158-122C4592000005DC-835_468x359.jpg

We might aswell go make John Terry our manager.

Solskjær saying he made up his morning yesterday morning and he rang Rokke to say that he would be staying. Sited family reasons. I'm waiting to see if he was in fact offered the job or not.

Grayson? **** THAT.

Too right i am. The old boys at Chelsea got AVB the sack. They gave the job to RDM because he's another soft manager. He wouldn't dare challenge Terry or Lampard. What do you think would happen here with Dunne, Collins and alcoholic Herd?

Eh? I asked if Grayson had more or less experience than OGS?

When did lambert rule himself out ?

Jeez dropping like flies

(not that I wanted lambert)

I still have not seem anything from Lambert??

Why the hell was the PL thread locked so quickly? Can someone post it here?

Grayson? **** THAT.

What I was getting at is no one had Mentioned RDM before you went on a rant. OGS and Gray son were. Dunno where you plucked RDM from.

Will be pretty pissed off if we've turned down OGS for Ian **** Holloway.

Why are you insisting that we turned him down rather than the other way around? If you have a wife and kids and there is a major life change being offered it's not just your choice! You have to take their feelings and desires into account or your ass will be divorced right quick.