General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Well the Shrposhire Star seem convinced we've contacted Mick.

Shrposhire Star? Hardly the newspaper that broke Watergate was it....

even a stopped clock is right once a day.

Twice :(

Not if it's 24-hour digital!

Oh, now you're just being picky :D

Well the Shrposhire Star seem convinced we've contacted Mick.

Shrposhire Star? Hardly the newspaper that broke Watergate was it....

even a stopped clock is right once a day.

Its also the sister paper of the Express and Star that ran with the story first so its not exactly printing its own exclusive story.

I just can't see it Morpheus. I know what you're saying and you are right about our situation but I just can't see it applying to AVB. It's slightly insular to think that his reputation has been overly affected by one year in England. The rest of Europe will still think very highly of him. He doesn't need to come here to rebuild his reputation. Though I'd love if he did.

Glenn Hoddle? Why are people mentioning him?

10 years since he failed at Spurs and got sacked, then he went to Wolves in the Championship where he was forced to step down due to fan pressure. Now six years out of a managerial job and clearly not up to this task!

Glenn Hoddle? Why are people mentioning him?

10 years since he failed at Spurs and got sacked, then he went to Wolves in the Championship where he was forced to step down due to fan pressure. Now six years out of a managerial job and clearly not up to this task!

pretty unfairly treated by the media when sacked by england.

been running a school of sorts where kids that have been released get a second chance. Might have some cheap OK players he could bring in.

Good football style.

wouldnt be the worst choice but not the best

It will not be McCarthy...it goes against everything the club has said since Mcleish was axed.

They have **** up once and i think they genuinely realise how bad said **** up was.

But...it's Faulkner

It will not be McCarthy...it goes against everything the club has said since Mcleish was axed.

They have **** up once and i think they genuinely realise how bad said **** up was.

Thing is they genuinley thought Amc was a good appointment at the time, what is to say they won't think the same about Mad Mick?

They are clueless when it comes to picking managers.

What about Heiko Vogel?

I honestly think we need someone with proven Premiership/English footballing experience.

Randy? Is that you?

But...it's Faulkner

I know the bloke doesnt know his arsehole from his elbow when it comes to football, but i think this time he will get it right.

The board cant afford to fail again.

My last post now on the Manager bit we have shared PM's me and Father Abrahams and both now understand why we both are saying what we have said about McCarthy . I maintain there is no interest whatsoever in him at all from Villa's :!: .

McCleish totally hold my hands up on that I was told by JF who normally is pretty spot on with the info there was no chance he was coming . I assumed he had spoken with the normal mutual contact he hadn't so the trouble with assuming is it makes an ass out of you .

In Feb of this year I was told at the Fulham game there was no way they were getting rid of AM then around the Chelsea game that started to change any by Bolton he was a gonner .

There are some pretty good ITK people on here who were spot on with the DB story not just me there are some on here who I think have some good info on the Manager chase but don't want to put it on here because of the abuse you get .

I don't know who we are in for and just think this time they will listen and go for the obvious candiates , not sure if we can get them though .

Sorry about the Grammar but blame Villa they stopped me concentrating when I was doing my English O level :oops: