General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Martinez? FARK NO!!!!!

People go on about how it's only Wigan and how he has done well to keep them up. Has anyone seen our basket case of a squad. We finished where we did beyond McLeish being crap. We have a bunch of overpaid Prima Donnas.

As much as I'm not completely sold on Lambert, we need a big personality with a no-nonsense approach and he sounds like he fits the bill.

I think Martinez would be desperate in this regard besides the fact I don't he's all that some on here make him out to be.

I personally would love someone up-and-coming with solid football pedigree like Solskjaer but I don't think he would fit right now with some of our arsehole senior players.

This might have been talked about earlier, but at this point what is the bigger priority (if you had to choose one).

1. A manager who can attract players for a squad revolution?

2. A manager who can't attract huge talent, but can get more out of this team?

Just curious on what is more important (I know in a perfect world it would be a mix of both). Does this effect who you want as the new manager?

Jurgen Klinsmann is getting paid far too much to leave coaching USA. Plus if he can get USA pretty far in the world cup, he will be deemed as a brilliant coach. He has more to gain coaching USA than us and we'd have to pay him more than $2.5m.

I want DiCanio. After the last two miserable seasons, we need some entertainment, both on and off the pitch.

Sorry, but with his history with the far right in Italy, Villa is really the last place for a man like that. Still agree he was a great personality though.

Klinsman for me, although I agree we probably can't afford / attract him. In which case I think we'll probably end up with Martinez or Lambert neither of whom would be a bad choice. I wonder if we can now attach any more significance to the fact that Comolli was Lerner's guest at the Spurs game? Can't imagine Martinez or Lambert would be that keen on working with him - Martinez seems to have done an alright job of scouting players on his own and Lambert doesn't seem like the sort of character who'd want him interferring...we'll see.

1. Andreas Villas-Boas

2. Brendan Rodgers

3. Paul Lambert

4. Gus Poyet

5. Roberto Martinez

6. Roberto Di Matteo

7. Gianfranco Zola

Don't care for Rafa and don't think he'd come, Moyes isn't on the list cos he ain't comin'

Coyle, Brown, Coppell, et al. Managers that have brought up teams from lower divisions and had some success have all been flavour of the month at various stages then crashed, vanished etc, etc.

What's to say Rodgers, Poyet, Lambert are that different. It sounds all very familiar to me.

Doing well in the Lower English divisions is a terrible blueprint for the Premier League IMO. That's why I'd much rather someone knowlegable but unsullied like Solskjaer.

But obviously the squad available has to be capable of applying the managers vision and I think ours is extremely limited on several fronts at the moment.

Coyle, Brown, Coppell, et al. Managers that have brought up teams from lower divisions and had some success have all been flavour of the month at various stages then crashed, vanished etc, etc.

What's to say Rodgers, Poyet, Lambert are that different. It sounds all very familiar to me.

Doing well in the Lower English divisions is a terrible blueprint for the Premier League IMO. That's why I'd much rather someone knowlegable but unsullied like Solskjaer.

But obviously the squad available has to be capable of applying the managers vision and I think ours is extremely limited on several fronts at the moment.

Or Redknapp, O'Neill, Moyes etc...depends what examples you want to use!

Lambert for me. What we need now is someone to come in and stableize the

Club. I think he would do that in an instant. Especially if he has a

Few bob to spend, and I think Randy will put in some cash this season.

MM knows **** all!

Hmmm he did come on this morning and claim that McLeish would be gone today, before the story broke to any newspaper.

I said on Sunday that he'd be sacked yesterday. I think MM's stock fell when he said AMC would not be hired.

1. Andreas Villas-Boas

2. Brendan Rodgers

3. Paul Lambert

4. Gus Poyet

5. Roberto Martinez

6. Roberto Di Matteo

7. Gianfranco Zola

Don't care for Rafa and don't think he'd come, Moyes isn't on the list cos he ain't comin'

We need a manager who will have the respect and a sliver of fear from the players...Villas-Boas let the Chelsea players walk all over him. He seemed a bit clueless at times as well over the course of his time with them.

I think Poyet is the strongest choice, but just about anyone would be a massive improvement!