General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Btw, I'm playing devil's advocate a little it here. I'd like more info just like everyone else but perhaps the club felt that their number 1 target is more worthy of the limelight when the appointment is made.

It was more important for Molde to issue a press release or conference as he is actually their man. Unlikely, but maybe there is the tiniest chance that it's not done with too.

If his family weren't going to move why get on randy Lerners jet to BHX

Something happened in the discussions that made him not want to be considered

He got on the jet to have preliminary talks because he wanted to show villa the respect of responding to our approach, as he said publicly.

Then he went home, discussed it with molde and his family and decided it wasn`t for him and withdrew from the process, as he said publicly.

My opinion for what it's worth (bugger all probably) is that OGS last weekend acted to all and sundry as though he expected to be offered the job. He did nothing last Saturday to rule it out.

I beleive when he realised he probably wasn't going to get the job he came out with the family bit. He had caused uproar in Molde with his actions and non-denials and had to dig himself out of a very big hole. He realised the situation life was going to be very difficult at Molde unless he did something positive. He couldn't afford to wait around to see what the outcome was going to be.

Like not being offered the job perhaps?

Why would the club not have made a statement to such effect

Instead we are again made to look like we've been knocked back

Because we aren't owned by the media whore oracle of football Dave Whelan?

KHV, you talk bollocks with impressive consistency.

Beat me to it! No evidence whatsoever but still it must be true.

At what point did I say it was true.

The key phrase in my post that you seem to have missed is "I think".

It was just an opinion, you may think Lerner is fantastic and understands football which is fine. I on the other hand do not, especially looking at what he has done to the club so far during his tenure.

I just happen to think there is more to the OGS story and I still think Lerner wants/needs to cut back more if thats okay with you?

Maybe we're not in for Martinez?

Maybe we're not in for anyone Mantis.

We seem in little hurry and if we are not waiting for Liverpool to take their pick what on earth are we waiting for (someone's contract to expire at the end of the month or the end of the play offs or the end of the Euros or even the end of the transfer window)?

Today would have been a nice day to have made an appointment 30 years on from our ECF triumph. Not anywhere near happening is it?

It ends Monday,unfortunately Ole Gunnar has made it impossible for himself to leave now.

Why do you say that? I mean I believe you, would just like to know why.

Why unfortunately? Because I think Villa/Ole would be brilliant.

Why impossible to leave? You can't play the family card and leave the next week,he would lose all credibility.

Clearly, OGS went and listened to Lerner / Faulkner and didn't like the sound of what he heard

That's the least likely scenario in my opinion.

The most likely scenario in my opinion,he was convinced by the owners to take another year and it's very likely he felt after talking to Villa he would be in over his head so early in his career.

I don't believe Villa offered him the job,but the family reason doesn't sound right to me at all.

Information given to the press does not have to be 100%

factual

Very true - and if that's the case why do some drama queens get their knickers in a twist and go off on one and lay into the Board/Club/Player if there is a report in the media which in your own words "does not have to be 100% factual".

I suppose it must be false so some can vent their spleens rather than accept what is stated by whomever.

For example - the Mick McCarthy shit last week - people went off on one!

Maybe there is still a deal to be done with Molde, maybe both sides are just waiting for Molde to play there game on Monday night before the mid season break. Stranger things have happened but it seems unlikely.

Personally i reckon that RL has somebody else in mind. The press were pumping out last Sunday that Ole was only a "good candidate" but we had other "great options".

IMO Great > good

I maybe wrong but i reckon we maybe gobsmacked come Tues /Weds / Thurs on the new appointment.

Enjoy you night and party on!

Information given to the press does not have to be 100% factual

But every one of your opinions or theories is?

Thats funny.

Still don't get why because we don't hear anything it automatically means the worse, 100% that's that, the worse possible scenario is happening.

He said the main factor was that his kids were happy in Norway and didn't want to move. The fact that he got on the plane suggests that Ole and his wife were more than happy to move over here.

What's happened to tribalism? Here we are with people drooling over OGS and even Benitez - I thought we were supposed to simply "hate" anyone from manyoo scum or fat scouse gits?

Could someone kindly provide a list of those clubs/former personnel we are supposed to regard as "scum"?

Or could it be that rational argument is taking over from blind prejudice?