Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard him on talksport... when asked if he will overhaul the squad he said no just freshen it up a bit meaning getting players (who were not on form) back on form and bring in a few players... :/

However still being positive. Got to Believe :D

Yep, I think Warnock's, Collins' and Dunne's times are up. Hopefully Hutton too.

It's got to be them, I can't imagine who else PF would be so certain of moving on.

Imagine starting the season with an entire new back 4. Scary/exciting?

Heard him on talksport... when asked if he will overhaul the squad he said no just freshen it up a bit meaning getting players (who were not on form) back on form and bring in a few players... :/

Overhaul is a big word though. I think we will see 5 or 6 coming in. He has to sell players first so why put noses out of joint if he doesn't have too.

Not good news at all. :|

Let me quote JPM here "You cannot be serious man"

I like the wording of: "Some players will be moved on".

Not: "We will assess the squad, everybody starts with a clean sheet", or anything like that. Good.

You can only move players on if they are willing to be moved on, if they are under contract. (see Beye for reference)

Also, someone has to want to buy them and pay their wages.

That IMO poses problems with regards to the likes of Warno, Dunne etc, who will not be on small money ....

Are you trying to say that you disagree with me that that's bad news or do you think there will indeed be an overhaul?

I like the wording of: "Some players will be moved on".

Not: "We will assess the squad, everybody starts with a clean sheet", or anything like that. Good.

You can only move players on if they are willing to be moved on, if they are under contract. (see Beye for reference)

Also, someone has to want to buy them and pay their wages.

That IMO poses problems with regards to the likes of Warno, Dunne etc, who will not be on small money ....

It might be a case of us paying a contribution to their wages or giving them a payment to clear off - the same way Dunne, Ireland, and Given did when they moved here from City.

What appears on VT on Wednesday is in the press on Thursday, as we know from the OGS fiasco.

However unlikely it is, the £120 million figure will soon be bandied about in public.

Not a good idea, really.

Are you trying to say that you disagree with me that that's bad news or do you think there will indeed be an overhaul?

i think Richard is saying that PL hasn't said anything that should be categorised as "not good news"..

we cant expect PL to make wholesale changes straight away and bringing a few players back to form and shipping out a few is the best way forward