Match thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

Not a bad line up, Still I can't believe it has taken McRelegator this long to drop both of the worst fullbacks in the Premier League.

Not to impressed with the bench though with that pair and Heskey on it!

Larsson will do some damage though our central two of Collins and Cuellar should neutralise him.. The rest though are "dangerous" if they have a good day, but if we contain them they won't pose much of a threat I don't think..

if we would have played 2 wingers and 2 strikers for the whole season we would be safe already....

not high up in the table (coz the ginger tosser is still our manager) but safe at least....

the line up is encouraging but i am 99% sure we will still see a depressing performance

I'd love our 'kids' to put on a barn stormer today, personally if i'd have been at the club with O'Neill i might be abit perturbed that he kept going out and signing players like Baye/Heskey/Sidwell, when i've not even had a sniff at the first team. I mean, has Bannan/Lichaj and Weimann really contributed any less to the cause than those three senior players he signed?

None of our young players are good enough for a side challenging top 4 now so 2/3 years ago I seriously doubt they were good enough to have been thrown in.

Two players that fans moaned about not playing we're delfonsou and albrighton and neither have done anything since to show not playing them was wrong.

As for today's game I would have liked carruthers to have a start over albrighton. Could the rumours of protests influenced a team with 2 wingers and 2 strikers?

I'd love our 'kids' to put on a barn stormer today, personally if i'd have been at the club with O'Neill i might be abit perturbed that he kept going out and signing players like Baye/Heskey/Sidwell, when i've not even had a sniff at the first team. I mean, has Bannan/Lichaj and Weimann really contributed any less to the cause than those three senior players he signed?

None of our young players are good enough for a side challenging top 4 now so 2/3 years ago I seriously doubt they were good enough to have been thrown in.

I don't buy that argument, he had ample opportunity to play the young players when it was plainly obvious how tired our players were. Why not play them in March? It was clear O'Neill had his favourites and didn't want to play much youth. Whether he thought they were good enough is another question. However, he wouldn't have known that had he not given them games.

The contempt he showed for our youth system was evident against CSKA away. We gave them a good game by all accounts. Yet, the league was more important. It backfired royally and was an utter embarrassment.