Grand National 2012

LoughboroughLion

Wow, wasn't expecting him to be the favourite. Don't remember him being particularly well backed at Cheltenham, and he came from miles back to win it.

Certainly a stayer (Welsh National testifies to that). I think his SP was about 8s for the Gold Cup but I thought he started the morning around 12s or so.

You'll have to be adding up various factors regarding his price: the weather (and thus the ground), the stats against him and the AP factor. And that's before the bugger has to jump all the fences! :P

I've had a quick peek and am very interested in Planet of Sound and Black Appalachi (though more cautious on the latter in light of Scott's post above!).

He hasn't won at this distance though

I doubt he will run a good race as well considering he's been aimed at the gold cup all season

The favourite hardly wins as well

The horses ive backed are Giles Cross, Killyglen and Junior

Sorry to piss on your bonfire bird but

Black Apalachi has no chance Imo he's 13 years old no horse has won that was over 12 years old in about 7 centuries

Same with State of Play another veteran 13 years old you need stamina in this race old horses don't have it

Your best bet is Treacle he is a big market mover for some reason he has gone from 40's to 20's so he's definitely being backed by somebody but i still think he's too old 11 is not ideal most horses that win are 9 or 10 years old

You can probably rule out Shakalakaboomboom for being too young as well only 8

Sorry to piss on your bonfire bird but

Black Apalachi has no chance Imo he's 13 years old no horse has won that was over 12 years old in about 7 centuries

Same with State of Play another veteran 13 years old you need stamina in this race old horses don't have it

Your best bet is Treacle he is a big market mover for some reason he has gone from 40's to 20's so he's definitely being backed by somebody but i still think he's too old 11 is not ideal most horses that win are 9 or 10 years old

You can probably rule out Shakalakaboomboom for being too young as well only 8

So we're looking for 9 or 10 year olds then. IYO?

I've took a punt on Junior ive broken the trend a bit he's in great form but hasn't won over the distance which is usually a big nono but i fancy him

Also bet on Kilyglen who was running well last time round but fell about 4 from the end he has been in good form this season and is 16/1 so nice price

My final bet was on Giles Cross because if it rains a little i think he's in with a big chance just like West End Rocker he enjoys the soft ground but again better odds at 16/1 rather than 10/1 i don't think there will be much in it

Then again its a lottery anything can happen you could have the best horse in the world but if another brings it down your **** just stick a pin in and hope for the best

Usually 9 - 10 is the best age yes most horses that win are in that bracket, Ballybriggs completely smashed it last year and he was 10 he's 11 now and carrying extra weight so you can probably rule him out

Â