Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I don't understand why we signed Sutton and Agthe when they were on free's but were not interested in Lauren :?

Who's to say we werent.

Harry has said that they beat a host of clubs.

He may have favoured West Ham for 2 very simple reasons;

a) He wouldnt have to move home.

B) If the reported wages of Neill are an indicator then we probably wouldnt have matched them.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope wet spam keep paying out these over the top wages, wouldn't you just love to see them 'doing a leeds' :)

or they could do a portsmouth by avoiding relegation and then challenging for europe next season attracting players to the club, that we only wish we could see playing for villa! :winkold:

Seriously look at the Portsmouth team, who have they brought in the last year that you would want in the Villa team? Only ones I can think of are Campbell, D'Allesandro and Mendes (oh and Lauren). They are the only players that Portsmouth have brought in over the past 12 months that I think are good enough for Villa. TBH, I don't really know why they are doing as well as they are... :?

I hope wet spam keep paying out these over the top wages, wouldn't you just love to see them 'doing a leeds' :)

or they could do a portsmouth by avoiding relegation and then challenging for europe next season attracting players to the club, that we only wish we could see playing for villa! :winkold:

Seriously look at the Portsmouth team, who have they brought in the last year that you would want in the Villa team? Only ones I can think of are Campbell, D'Allesandro and Mendes (oh and Lauren). They are the only players that Portsmouth have brought in over the past 12 months that I think are good enough for Villa. TBH, I don't really know why they are doing as well as they are... :?

home form mate

look at ours and say if we had beaten Bolton and Boro as we should have we would not be 7th ..... with no real investment ....

I have said before the difference between 6th and 16th is so small it only takes a couple of decent players.

The bigger trick is take on the top 6 and beyond that

i'd probably just say campbell, lauren,d'allesandro,and fernandes. but i kinda said the original comment light heartedly because people were saying we should have got lauren

home form mate

look at ours and say if we had beaten Bolton and Boro as we should have we would not be 7th ..... with no real investment ....

I have said before the difference between 6th and 16th is so small it only takes a couple of decent players.

The bigger trick is take on the top 6 and beyond that

True... Bastards :evil:

Pompey's first team is significantly better than ours. Apart from their strikers (although Kanu is playing like a legend) they have quality all over the field and I'm not at all suprised to see them as high as they are. Just think about it.

James

Johnson

Campbell

Primus

Stefanovic

O'Neil

Davis

Mendes

Taylor

Kanu

Lua Lua

If I was to 'mix in Villa's squad the team would look like this -

James

Johnson

Laursen

Campbell

Barry

O'Neil

Petrov (though on current showing McCann)

Mendes

Taylor

LuaLua

L. Moore

Thats 7 pompey and 4 Villa

Point made.

interesting why they got Lauren as Johsnon is playing so well but only a loan ...

Is Johnson off then to another club on a sale ?

It is said he has played really well this season ?

Is Lauren even fit, having hardly played for Arse I think ?

PatrickCousens, see what your saying but of those you mixed into the Villa team only 4 were brought in the last 12 months. O'Neil, Taylor and LuaLua were bought whilst Mandaric was in charge/from the youth team. My point is that they haven't really managed to bring in good players that Villa should be getting, they just have a decent home record...

Is Lauren even fit, having hardly played for Arse I think ?

He hasn't kicked a ball since January 2006.

Wise move by MON to go for the younger, hungrier Bardsley. I reckon there's a very good chance he'll still be wearing claret and blue next season.

Pompey snaffle Lauren. I think he's a quality player who would have made an excellent addition to our squad.

Why are many other teams snapping up these players whilst we sign no one? I believe Boa Morte, Neil, & Lauren are all excellent proven pro's who would have given us extra squad strength! I'm starting to feel like jumping on the band wagon here! What is going on?

dont you think if lauren was still the player he was before his very serious and career threatening injury, that wenger would have kept him?

if hes not better than hoyte as backup, then he cant be very good anymore....

I agree although I still think he can do a job.

Also, the fact that Wenger hasn't gone for Neill must mean that he thinks Hoyte is better than Neill and that if Neill is world class, Hoyte must be solar system class and Eboue must be Galaxy class....

:winkold:

PatrickCousens, see what your saying but of those you mixed into the Villa team only 4 were brought in the last 12 months. O'Neil, Taylor and LuaLua were bought whilst Mandaric was in charge/from the youth team. My point is that they haven't really managed to bring in good players that Villa should be getting, they just have a decent home record...

That's true.

My point was that they have a much much better squad of players than people realise, and depth to match, just inreased with the addition of Lauren.