Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone ,

I just thought i would try a new angle..........it seems Martin O'Neills attempts to get Premiership players at the top end of the bracket (SWP etc) are floundering as clubs play games, up prices, change minds etc..........

Whilst i do think we should be aiming to sign these types of players to make our squad better.............we could be left with nothing come the end of January.

There are many promising young players who could come from the lower leagues into the Villa squad and make it better (an example of another club who did this and it worked is Everton with Tim Cahill from Millwall - a bargain!).....

What do people think if we went for people like Tyson from Forest, Easter from Wycombe or Giles Barnes from Derby. Other players who are available in the Prem who we could get are Diop from Fulham or Etherington from West Ham. The one quality most of these have is pace! They are young (apart from Diop) and will get much much better. I would even consider a cheeky bid for Larrson and McSheffrey from small heath.

Comments everyone! :D

As a reminder, any who has "I have a source" and goes on to tell a ridiculous story about signing someone will have until the end of the transfer window to be proven correct and then carded or banned according to what the moderators vote for.

Also, please can people just quote the post they are replying to, and not quote posts with a quote already in? This is because it makes the post you are making longer, and to scroll down and see a massive list of seconded thirded fourthed etc is a waste of time and untidy.

I really hope this can cut the crap out.

RL I think the thing most fans would agree on is that if we are not going to sign the top stars then in the short term we need to sign experienced players who will slot straight in. We have enough kids already in the line-up (referring to Larsson) and I don't think we can risk buying a lower league player like Tyson and waiting for him to step up. If we are to compromise on our targets then they need to be established Premiership players. Diop would be great under normal circumstances although I don't think he'd be cheap. As Trinity-Tom has continued to say - Danny Murphy would be a nice stopgap - and he's the kind of player we may have to look at in the latter part of the window.

how about a cheeky bid for Kieron Richardson, if & when bale goes to man yoo..............

hell be about 5th choice for them then.......... reckon hed come, whether it be loan or permo.........

sayin that, id say that about John O'Shea if and when Hargreaves joins Man Yoo

Resisting the temptation to post [bOF wrote][Pelle wrote][John Cresswell wrote] and thus make myself an item on the agenda of the weekly Mods meeting in Deritend, I would just ask where our friend with the news on Alan Smith has got to. Probably gone to leave some sweeties at the door of VP, where Reo-Coker and Bellamy have been trapped for about a week by the evil club doctor as he performs some kind of perverted medical on them involving calipers and leg-irons.

Saying Kieran Richardson is absolute rubbish, is absolute rubbish.

He is very fast, has a great shot and knows how to attack.

Not the greatest player, but I dare remind you he made his name as a WBA-player and made the International team before Barry.

Saying Kieran Richardson is absolute rubbish, is absolute rubbish.

He is very fast, has a great shot and knows how to attack.

Not the greatest player, but I dare remind you he made his name as a WBA-player and made the International team before Barry.

Barry was in the england team before richardson, but i assume you mean that he was above him in the pecking order? That means absolutly nothing, besides barry will be in the next squad. Didnt fergie say that he was shit and was gonna get an extended stint in the reserves for being rubbish?

If you want another Djemba-Djemba then thats up to you.

When I said "before" Barry, I meant he was picked over Barry. I know Barry had one match six years ago or something. I am talking about 2005-2006.

Anyway;

as of the 18th of January we are the biggest losers in this windows. We have promised so much, and delievered yet so little (as of now).

I expect us to bring in a panic-buy on the 31st, but surely someone has misunderstood completely.

Lerner isn't used to this market and business, maybe he should have let others to the talking this time? Just asking, not making conclusions.

as of the 18th of January we are the biggest losers in this windows. We have promised so much, and delievered yet so little (as of now).

I'm going to go and hang myself

Does anyone know the date Spurs got taken over and the business they did in their first transfer window? just curious

This transfer window has become so tedious, right now i am quite pissed off, partially because all trains heading home from town for me were cancelled for unforseeable time due to a blockage on the line forcing me to fork out EXTRA for the bus and also because we cant sign anyone for shit!

I had been patient up until now expecting things to happen, but it seems that nothing will happen this week and there is no news or rumours anymore, every link has dried up and everything MON is saying now suggests that we are a million miles away from any potential deal.

January truely has become a depressing month for Aston Villa Football Club, nothing last year and nothing yet this year with an even smaller squad. We desperately need players before the window slams shut, otherwise we will be in a very dangrous position.