Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still find it very intresting all the rumnours and noise around Bent has totally died down

I was thinking about this last night after what Mazrim was saying.

He was talking about the Young deal as if he knew something about it and saying he thought 2 people should follow. He said he would only be guessing the names if he were to name the players IIRC.

I still find it very intresting all the rumnours and noise around Bent has totally died down

They have gone quiet, but Parker Pardew was talkin him up after todays game saying how its a boost to have him back next week to fire them out of relegation.

I doubt he is going anywhere.

Lyon president confident of signing Baros

There will be an imminent arrival of a striker," Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas said Saturday. "Baros is a player who strongly interests us."

Lyon coach Gerard Houllier has already tried to sign Baros but Aulas expects the deal to go through this time. Norway striker John Carew could go the other way as part of a swap.

"Contacts have been established (with Baros)," Aulas said. Carew "could fit perfectly" into the English Premier League.

Lyon also want Rangers midfielder Jeremy Clement, a former Lyon player who has also been linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain.

"Jeremy Clement is a perfectly credible eventuality," Aulas said, adding that an offer would be made later Saturday for Clement.

Aulas made his remarks after Lyon's 3-1 win at Laon in the French Cup.

Clicky

Cherrio Baros, I can't believe Houllier could get fooled in buying Baros twice anyhow.

No disrespect to our current Goalkeepers - but if Ever Ben Foster becomes available , he would be a great addition.

totally agree looks a quality keeper

are Man Ure, likely to let him leave

I think so ...

He's agreed another loan deal with Watford for next season, so doubt he'll be avaliable any time soon.

Have Villa expressed an interest in Carew?

I doubt that they have "verbally" or "implicitly" given any indication whatsoever , OF.

MON has impressed me by the way he keeps his team and himself tight lipped until the appropriate time arrives.

I suspect that these musings have emerged from other parties and just like Chelsea, Schalke, Hamburg and Bremen may come to nought.

Only ten days left. All will be revealed in the fulness of time, or at least by 31/01/07 in this case ;)

only a loan deal TS, it does mean someone can still come in and buy him, IF man Ure are prepared to let him leave

which they not ....

True. You can see why they're loaning him out though. He's too good a keeper to be happy with third place at Man U. He'd definitely be a good addition, but I can't see it happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. As much as Baros's shots today were awful, it was also his goalkeeping that played a factor in why we had to wait so long for a goal. He's too good to play for Watford.