Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Links?

What the hell do links mean? Nothing.

The press have as much idea about whats going on as anybody. If you want to read any old 2 bob fantasy with Villa mentioned, fine. It doesnt mean anything in the article is true just as being ignored by the media is no indication of us being idle.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not giving up hope because we all know most deals will occur in the last week of the window. MON hasn't said we're a million miles away from signings. In fact he's not said anything regarding who we're after or how its going. The only thing we've heard is that he doesn't want to be held to ransom. He and Randy both know we need players and they've both said they are working night and day to bring in players. If we are after some of those we're linked to, then I'd expect the big money deals take a fair amount of time to sort out.

FFS people. Pretty much nothing has happened so far in the transfer window, for any club.

Anything that does happen will take place after this coming weekend (the last round of premiership games before the window shuts).

All it takes is for one club to gamble on selling a player before they've finalised his replacement and we'll be off.

As a guide, here's last year's January transfer window activity - link. Very little happened until around the 20th / 23rd Jan with the exception of 1) Portsmouth going crazy buying average players with their new found wealth 2) Man Utd signing Vidic and Evra.

Stop panicking. Jesus.

FFS people. Pretty much nothing has happened so far in the transfer window, for any club.

West Am needed players so they bought what they needed.

We need players and we.............oh

I know i know, 1st Feb can i be disappointed then?

Hey, it's natural to be anxious when you love your club so much. I never expected to see Klose and Beckham strolling into VP on the opening day of the transfer window, but I honestly thought we'd have added to the squad by now. Even a few solid Prem players who weren't in the 1st team at their club would have given us a few more options.

I'm sure we'll still bring guys in, but whatever way you look at it, time is against us.

Anything that does happen will take place after this coming weekend (the last round of premiership games before the window shuts).

All it takes is for one club to gamble on selling a player before they've finalised his replacement and we'll be off.

As a guide, here's last year's January transfer window activity - link. Very little happened until around the 20th / 23rd Jan with the exception of 1) Portsmouth going crazy buying average players with their new found wealth 2) Man Utd signing Vidic and Evra.

Stop panicking. Jesus.

Cheers, this being the last weekend of premiership football before the window closes and last years transfer activity have filled me with renewed hope, im still concerned though! We need players ASAP and it strikes me as a little weird that as of yet we havent sorted out any permanent deals. Roll on next week!

West Ham have bought Davenport and Boa Morte. From people's comments on here (I'm generalising...) we as a fan group are expecting bigger name signings than that (SWP, Young etc). These take more time to push through, because of the money involved, the other competing clubs involved, and the fact that they are a bigger loss to the team selling them (thus the sale is harder to stomach without replacements being lined up).

Naturally, West Ham buying Boa Morte (wanted to leave Fulham, no other clubs in competition) was always going to happen quicker than us (hypothetically) buying Young (reluctant seller, clubs in competition).

MON knows exactly what we need, as does Lerner. I'm sure they have a plan A, plan B etc. Lerner isn't going to risk his investment halving in value due to that 'R' word. We have a board member telling us not to panic, and to place our trust in 2 people who we've been given no reason not to trust. These are all convincing enough reasons for me not to panic.

If, IF, we haven't signed anyone by February 1st, then is the time to maybe reassess things. Prematurely questioning their (MON and Lerner's) judgement 7/8 working days before the end of a transfer window in which the majority of the activity occurs in the last 7/8 working days is a bit of a waste of time, in my opinion.

The fact is that we should worry as bloody hell. The competition for signings is argueably even harder now then a week or two ago, and we NEED players. Still nothing has happend.

Another week of wait and see.

West Ham have added some really good players in terms of strength in depth which, is exactly what we need. I didt think for a second we would be in for Davenport or Quashie as we have some depth in those areas. However, Boa Morte and Neill would be excellent signings and both of those clubs were unwilling to sell yet West Ham pulled the deals off. Boa Morte was Fulhams captain and Blackburn were desperate to keep Neill. We need platers asap, otherwise we will be involved in yet another relegation battle.

Neill wasn't signing a deal at BLackburn and would leave on a Bosman in the Summer for nothing so he was very easy to talk to. Boa Morte has always been a target by clubs and always up for sale at the right price Newcastle last year just didn't pay what Fulham wanted the 5 million to close the deal.

thats just it we need players and clubs know this hence MON saying he wont be held to ransom, but what do you do pay them what they want or stick with what you got till summer and prey the likes of Barry Mccann Gabby dont pick up injurys.

I agree that we need players in but as others have pointed out, you do not go after your back up players until you have exhausted all avenues with your first choice players. I just hope that we don't leave that to late (assuming we don't get our first choices that is).

West Ham have added some really good players in terms of strength in depth which, is exactly what we need. I didt think for a second we would be in for Davenport or Quashie as we have some depth in those areas. However, Boa Morte and Neill would be excellent signings and both of those clubs were unwilling to sell yet West Ham pulled the deals off. Boa Morte was Fulhams captain and Blackburn were desperate to keep Neill. We need platers asap, otherwise we will be involved in yet another relegation battle.

I agree wholeheartedly with those sentiments, if not the actual players in question.

West Ham were not miracle workers getting in Boa Morte, and agree a contract Neill who hasn't signed for them yet BTW.

Neill has agreed the contract with West Ham. It is all up to Blackburn and West Ham to sort everything out now...

:lol: Lucas Neill world class

Well...you aint a manager. Barcelona, Juventus and now Liverpool has shown interest in him so he cant be shit. Lets see how he do at West Ham and then you can sit on your high horses and cry. Some people on here dont know anything really...it annoys me to the limit!

:lol: Lucas Neill world class

Well...you aint a manager. Barcelona, Juventus and now Liverpool has shown interest in him so he cant be shit. Lets see how he do at West Ham and then you can sit on your high horses and cry. Some people on here dont know anything really...it annoys me to the limit!

So says the media Tricella. I have no doubt Liverpool were interested but they didn't think a reserve player was worth 50k a week.

I seem to remember Barca were interested in Gary Breen, he has never been world class. Juve are currently in Serie B, if they were interested it was no more than a stop gap if you ask me.

I think it is quite odd that you maintain these clubs were interested, if they were he'd bide his time and join them in the summer. As I have already said, they haven't signed anyone as an alternative.