Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say this deserves its own thread, as it's quite clearly bollocks, but there's talk of a loan swap with Baros and Kalou on FansFC

Aston Villa want Chelsea’s Kalou

14:10 January, 10, 2007

Chelsea Football Club have been told they can have Milan Baros for the rest of the season – if they allow Salomon Kalou to move in the opposite direction.

Mail The FansFC Editor

Send This Article To A Friend

Post Your View on The Msg Board

The champions are believed to be keen on the Aston Villa striker as they look to relieve some of the goalscoring burden from Ivory Coast international Didier Drogba, who has been in great form this season.

However, Baros’ agent has told sport.cz that Martin O’Neill will only consider letting the Czech Republic striker leave Villa Park if a replacement is found.

"At present, we are waiting until Aston Villa find an adequate replacement for Milan,†said Pavel Paska. "It is very likely that if this does not happen, there will be no progress in negotiations."

And rumours in the Midlands suggest O’Neill has set his sights on a cheeky loan bid for Kalou, who has made seven Premiership starts since his summer move from Feyenoord.

However, manager Jose Mourinho is unlikely to part company with the youngster as he sees him playing a big role for the club in the second half of the season.

click

Does it really matter if we pay 'too much' for a player?

Yes, because we'll end up like Chelsea who have to pay over the top for every player they want as other clubs know they've got loads and loads of cash.

And that's no way to run a football club in the long term, imo.

I'm not suggesting we do it for every player. But the occasional one wouldn't hurt.

There's no way Randy would do it for every player anyway. Like I said, he's a business man.

Just had a look on the rumour section on Sky sports , there's some class rumours on there

Someone reckons we'll be signing Luke Young for 8.5 million by the weekend , also SWP will be coming to us on loan next week and also we will be bringing either Keane or Bellamy in.

Talk about bullshit :crylaugh:

I'm not suggesting we do it for every player. But the occasional one wouldn't hurt.

There's no way Randy would do it for every player anyway. Like I said, he's a business man.

Why though?. Just because fans are desperate for a signing.

No. Because we need a right winger. Supposing hypothetically, MON said he really wants SWP but he's really only worth 6 million. But Chelsea would only sell him for 8, Randy might think the extra money was worth it.

It's got bugger all to do with appeasing fans.

As an example of what I mean, before christmas I needed to buy a printer for a present. I knew that if I went to a shop that was an hour away, I could get it for £40 less. But because I needed it and didn't have time to go to the cheaper shop, I bought it for £40 more than it was worth in the local shop. Supply n demand.

No. Because we need a right winger. Supposing hypothetically, MON said he really wants SWP but he's really only worth 6 million. But Chelsea would only sell him for 8, Randy might think the extra money was worth it.

As an example of what I mean, before christmas I needed to buy a printer for a present. I knew that if I went to a shop that was an hour away, I could get it for £40 less. But because I needed it and didn't have time to go to the cheaper shop, I bought it for £40 more than it was worth in the local shop. Supply n demand.

Big difference in £40 and a couple of million tho isnt there

Not really.

£40 to me is the same as 2 million to Randy Lerner.

Not really.

:clap: or AVFC for that sake.

Just had a look on the rumour section on Sky sports , there's some class rumours on there

Someone reckons we'll be signing Luke Young for 8.5 million by the weekend , also SWP will be coming to us on loan next week and also we will be bringing either Keane or Bellamy in.

Talk about bullshit :crylaugh:

Why cant people believe that things like this could be true , it would be surprising yes but not out of the question. Belive in Randy .................................

Not really.

No its not.

I read on here that we had shit loads to spend.

How does anyone know that?

Has it been realised or is it an assumption?

As people have said be patient. Villa wont overpay for a player just so he's here for the Man Utd game. MON will get the bare essentials needed that's for sure. I think he'd only think about overpaying if it was a pivotal player.

Not really.

Maybe to Abramovich but not to Randy.

Maybe we should compare Randy's paycheck with mine, or anyone else's. You might be suprised..