Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Just had a look at this site

Which has only one rumour about Villa:

'Freddy Adu will start a trial period at aston Villa on thursday'.

Hmmmmm......Man U didn't want him but he's a very popular transfer target on Football Manager....

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they also posted this nonsense....

Randy Learner has got dismayed at Villa's slump and I have heard that the reason the players are not responding is that O'Neil isn't happy, don't know why but he is not happy and may leave soon. But in the meantime I have heard that £50m will be made available for January and Summer and these are the deals being put together. Queresma, SWP, Luis 'Maddog' Fabiano, Cavengi, Sissoko (Mascherano) , Chivu, Wes Brown and Gareth Bale. Out will go

Hughes (thankfully)

Angel (thanks for the memories)

Baros (good riddance)

Hendrie (over rated)

Samuel (lost it)

Berger (past it)

Djemba Twins (never had it)

Bah! Beckham has agreed to join LA Galaxy after this season. Sad because I wouldnt be surprised if MON was trying to get him on loan....at least I would.

Freddy Adu on trial? Wow! That would be some coup really! The boy is loaded with potential...

Can't say i'd be unhappy if we signed Carew, he's a good quality forward.

And that would free Baros to Chelsea, which would free Wright-Philips to Villa, and Young to Spurs, and Keane to Villa, and and and and :winkold:

John would deffo be a good signing atm.

I agree. He's not a goal poacher per se, but he's brutally strong and actually quite fast. With a creative midfield behind him and a couple of decent wingers, he'd do a good job for us imo.

regards beckham selling out, i wouldnt want him for free tbh...

especially not for £105 million...

the yanks are welcome to the over rated prima donna...

I am curious as to why people call him a primadonna. From what I've seen, he has never been anything but a model pro who has never ever caused any trouble where he has been. People's opinions on the quality of footballer he is will differ but he has never in my opinion been a primadonna. He is a model athlete, a superb role model and seems a nice guy. Good luck to him. He could've come to the Prem for 3 years but he'll have about a decade in the MLS.

I mentioned John Carew the other day (and had to put the tin hat on for the responses from several other posters!) I think he'd be the big target man to cause defences problems and allow us to play the 4-3-3 with Gaby and Luke on either flank!

(it's possible as Lyon want Baros and Carew is available!!)

Tremendous target man. Improving as a marksman, but goals aren't his strength.

He'd cause defences enough problems to allow Gabby and Luke to bang the goals in from open play and he'd be the target for corners and free-kicks.

I'd love to see him at the club - surprised he's only 27, seems he's been around for years!

Tremendous target man. Improving as a marksman, but goals aren't his strength.

He'd cause defences enough problems to allow Gabby and Luke to bang the goals in from open play and he'd be the target for corners and free-kicks.

I'd love to see him at the club - surprised he's only 27, seems he's been around for years![/quote]

Yeah I'm suprised to he seems to have been around for quite a number of years. I'd have him down to be about 30-31 years old if I was guessing. I guess he'd be like a Crouch like focal point of attack, with balls knocked into him and speedy players feeding off of him.

Carew is only 2 years older than SWP? :shock:

I don't rate Carew, but then I haven't seen him play in a couple of years and he seems to have been doing alright.

The obvious advantage of signing him is so we can have a chim-chimmeny chant. That's got to be as good as reason as any to sign someone?

It is very quiet around MON and signings now...I have a gut feeling that something is going to happen soon..and maybe even tomorrow. It is not just one signing...I have a feeling that this is the reason why it has taken such a long time and why we havent heard anything.

I predict three or possible even four new signings...starting with Shaun Wright-Phillips, Nicolae Dica/Blanco Kepa, Robbie Keane and Ashley Young.

Lerner will make a mark in Premier...soon.... :winkold: