Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

He couldn't get near the first 11 @ the Hammers because Pardew is an idiot.

Did you see any of the Argie games at the World Cup?

Isn't it also possible that he's just not suited to the English game?

No. His style is perfect for the English game. Don't be fooled by the baby face, he's a real **** hard nut.

I couldn't give a monkeys what he looks like.

All I know is that after looking out of his depth in the few games he has played for West Ham, two managers have now decided that Hayden Mullins is better.

If "his style is perfect for the English game" then he wouldn't be playing for West Ham reserves. And to resurrect a topic from ages ago, how many Argentinians have been a genuine success in the Premier League?

Only Heinze even comes close I think, and even he is struggling and about to be shipped out.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They strugle to adapt to the english game

They? Who are 'they'?

Balaban, De Pedro, Berson, Tarantini .

You mean players that weren't THAT good to start with?

Ronaldo, Alonso, Henry, Drogba......blah blah blah......

Sorry sir. Good point though. :nod:

They? Who are 'they'?

South Americans and Argentinians do you want a list :lol:

I can only think of one that really struggled and even he wasn't anywhere near as bad as the press made out. And he was a 'flair' player mind.

He couldn't get near the first 11 @ the Hammers because Pardew is an idiot.

Did you see any of the Argie games at the World Cup?

Isn't it also possible that he's just not suited to the English game?

No. His style is perfect for the English game. Don't be fooled by the baby face, he's a real **** hard nut.

I couldn't give a monkeys what he looks like.

All I know is that after looking out of his depth in the few games he has played for West Ham, two managers have now decided that Hayden Mullins is better.

If "his style is perfect for the English game" then he wouldn't be playing for West Ham reserves. And to resurrect a topic from ages ago, how many Argentinians have been a genuine success in the Premier League?

Only Heinze even comes close I think, and even he is struggling and about to be shipped out.

Wasn't Ardiles some kind of successive? I wasn't old when he played but like to remember he was pretty good.

Still, when it comes to Mascherano I think it's a bit too early to judge if he can make it in the PL. His style of play suggests he would be perfect and I think under other circumstances than those in Wham atm, he can do it. Actually I don't think he, or Tevez, chose to go there themselves but was more forced to go there and I think that transfer was extreme in many ways. If he came here under other circumstances, with less expectations, under ;OM, etc, will help us reach Europe next season. He's a world star in the making.

They? Who are 'they'?

I can only think of one that really struggled and even he wasn't anywhere near as bad as the press made out. And he was a 'flair' player mind.

Veron

Angel

Forlan

Tevez

Mascerano

Well there is five i can remember at the moment who commanded substantial fees and struggled to adapt to the game.

No wonder I get boring looking into this thread. You talk garbage on this thread instead of concentrating on rumours and speculation surrounding transfers.

This is exactly why I start new threads but moderator always locks them...because there is a huge thread already taking up transfer speculations...I wonder where that thread is? :winkold:

They? Who are 'they'?

Veron

Angel

Forlan

Tevez

Mascerano

Well there is five i can remember at the moment who commanded substantial fees and struggled to adapt to the game.

Veron was the player I was talking about, obviously.

Angel? Did pretty good till injuries/age/O'Leary took their toll on him. Still doing a job now, just isn't the player he once was.

Forlan, hmmmmm. Fergie persisted with him, because his overall game was excellent. He just completely lost confidence infront of goal. That has nothing to do with being able to adapt.

Tevez and Mascherano? Jury still out. Strange circumstances.

What is it about being South American that makes them any different to all the French and Spanish players that have been so succesful over here? Nothing, just there's been less of them and therefore the poor ones stand out from the crowd.

Anyway, mute discussion. Mascherano won't be coming here......

Doesnt look like we will sign anyone before Sunday.

MON On Ferguson Link

Martin O'Neill today declined to comment on stories linking Villa with a January swoop for Rangers star Barry Ferguson.

And the Villa boss, who does not expect to bring in new men in time for Sunday's FA Cup clash with Manchester United, has vowed to stay tight-lipped on any speculation over the next few weeks.

Asked about the Ferguson link, he said: "I couldn't possibly make a comment. I am not going down that route of making a comment on a player. There is absolutely no point.

"I think it would be difficult for us to have any signings before the FA Cup game with Manchester United. Nothing is impossible but it would be difficult."

Clicky

No wonder I get boring looking into this thread. You talk garbage on this thread instead of concentrating on rumours and speculation surrounding transfers.

Probably because there aren't any solid rumours/specualtion. There's the Smith thing, but that's been done to death elsewhere. Then there's Defoe, which has 40 pages dedicated to it.

They? Who are 'they'?

Veron

Angel

Forlan

Tevez

Mascerano

does anyone know the fees for Mascherano and Tevez? Were there any?

And I guess Veron is the one that DDID talks about not being as bad as media put it and if so I agree.

Angel fins it hard to adapt? Wouldn't say so. He had that season, and 2 seasons before that he was pretty decent too, and then he got injured and well, is a lot better than some here thinks.

Forlan, was he that expensive? Can't remember.

And Tric, since there are not that many rumours to talk about I guess people gives suggestions that are discussed while they wait for rumours or something to happen. That's why it keeps going without that many rumours. And the thread says "rumours, speculations & suggestions" and that's what you get. It's just a bit of fun. :D

Veron was the player I was talking about, obviously.

Angel? Did pretty good till injuries/age/O'Leary took their toll on him. Still doing a job now, just isn't the player he once was.

Forlan, hmmmmm. Fergie persisted with him, because his overall game was excellent. He just completely lost confidence infront of goal. That has nothing to do with being able to adapt.

Tevez and Mascherano? Jury still out. Strange circumstances.

What is it about being South American that makes them any different to all the French and Spanish players that have been so succesful over here? Nothing, just there's been less of them and therefore the poor ones stand out from the crowd.

Anyway, mute discussion. Mascherano won't be coming here......

My point was that they take time and struggle to adapt.

Veron

Angel

Forlan

Tevez

Mascerano

Alberto Tarantini

he was signed by Birmingham City for £295,000. His spell in England was overshadowed by poor discipline, with Tarantini flattening Manchester United striker Brian Greenhoff, and famously ending his 23-game spell in Birmingham by wading into the crowd to punch a heckler.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Tarantini

:clap::crylaugh: