Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But really...I cant see true ambition in signings like that?!?! It is once again second rated players and this is exactly what we have put up with under Gregory, Taylor and DOL...Ellis era...and now it look as we go for small boys yet again...and that will get us a small club. I was hoping for FAR BETTER than this!

Alan Smith is ok...but Harewood and Earnshaw is nowhere near good enough. We could play the youngsters instead and save a few bucks for one big buy! Please MON...dont buy players that fans will react "Ok..whatever" over...VILLA need signings that makes the club vibrate...that makes the fans go.."WOW!!! Love it!!"

I know what you mean, Tricella, but again I must stress that big moves are not that likely to happen in January. Clubs will, understandably be very reluctant to sell their most rized assets, as there is little time to bring in a proper replacement.

Now, our squad was almost relegated last season. We have a lot of youngsters playing week in and week out, which is refleceted in our recent loss of form. I think that this window is all about getting players that will do a decent job for the remainder of the season, and then build from there. It is in the summer months you can really do business.

I'm sure the board and the manager would love to sign world class players, and I think we have the money to do so. But if other clubs won't sell, what can we do but look for less fashionable yet decent alternatives?

MON said he doesn't think we'll have new players before the United-game on Saturday, that's one week out of four...

The tension is killing me, it really is. I *so* expected us to have tied up half a dozen deals by now. Whats going on ffs?

I know a few people have asked about the transfering of players who have already been transfered, as part of the Mascherano story Here it seems the rule is that they can only play for 2 clubs between 1 july and the end of June

Fifa rules state that one footballer cannot play for more than two clubs between 1 July and the end of the following June - and Mascherano has already turned out for Brazilian side Corinthians and West Ham since last summer.

So i would guess people like Craig Bellamy would be able to transfer is he were available

MON said he doesn't think we'll have new players before the United-game on Saturday, that's one week out of four...

The tension is killing me, it really is. I *so* expected us to have tied up half a dozen deals by now. Whats going on ffs?

Same here, was really suprised to here him say that don't know why just expected somebody sooner I guess :(

Out of Harewood, Smith and Earnshaw, Smith would finish with the lowest goals tally without a doubt.

Yes, but he'd have the biggest impact IMO with his creative and his physical ability.

I'd still quite like our centre forward to actually score goals. We're told all the time that Angel helps the team with his 'creative and physical ability', doesn't seem to score us many goals though.

Smith was ridiculously overrated at Leeds, and was clearly such a goalscoring threat at Man Utd that they decided to turn him into a defensive midfielder.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit PB (and also perhaps the funniest :winkold: )

Also seems to be lost on some people eh Pink_Chimp?

But really...I cant see true ambition in signings like that?!?! It is once again second rated players and this is exactly what we have put up with under Gregory, Taylor and DOL...Ellis era...and now it look as we go for small boys yet again...and that will get us a small club. I was hoping for FAR BETTER than this!

Alan Smith is ok...but Harewood and Earnshaw is nowhere near good enough. We could play the youngsters instead and save a few bucks for one big buy! Please MON...dont buy players that fans will react "Ok..whatever" over...VILLA need signings that makes the club vibrate...that makes the fans go.."WOW!!! Love it!!"

I know what you mean, Tricella, but again I must stress that big moves are not that likely to happen in January. Clubs will, understandably be very reluctant to sell their most rized assets, as there is little time to bring in a proper replacement.

Now, our squad was almost relegated last season. We have a lot of youngsters playing week in and week out, which is refleceted in our recent loss of form. I think that this window is all about getting players that will do a decent job for the remainder of the season, and then build from there. It is in the summer months you can really do business.

I'm sure the board and the manager would love to sign world class players, and I think we have the money to do so. But if other clubs won't sell, what can we do but look for less fashionable yet decent alternatives?

Shaun Wright-Phillips seems to be at least one big deal...and it looks like it will be a done deal soon..if Mourinho doesnt throw in his veto.

Wasn't that a nebula in Star Trek II the Wrath of Khan?

This is VillaTalk not GeekTalk ;)

Really?? :lol:

LOL no thats a VT experiment. Put all the Geeks in one thread and watch them chatter nonsense at each other for hours. Very much like Furbys :) hehe

Anyway Back On topic.

I dont know but for me it looks as the players at Villa are as excited as we are about January...and to hand them new mates that are even lower than them in skill I think that we can get a terrible backspin on it all.

I know that some players has been waiting a long time for the club to show ambition...and the time is now...