tyson vs ali

leemond2008

who would win???

both in their absolute peak condition, 12 rounds, 3 round TKO applies, standing 8 count applies,

I have always said that Ali would do it but that I wouldn't have an argument with someone who thought Tyson would have him.

one of my mates is adamant that Tyson would win and he will argue it all day long.

I dont think this is really just a question for boxing fans either everyone knows who the two fighters are and their reputations precede them both.

Muhammad Ali

Height: 6’3″

Reach: 80″

Stance: Orthodox

Birthplace: Louisville, Kentucky

Record: 56-5 (37)

Mike Tyson

Height: 5′ 10″

Reach: 71

Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York

Record: 50-6 (44)

Muhammad Ali a fighter who could talk a big game, but could also back it up with flashy footwork, excellent head movement, and a stiff jab, faces Mike Tyson. A man who intimidated the majority of his opponents with his muscular physique alone; right before dropping the hammer on his foe with one perfect punch.

The fight will be held at MGM Grand Las Vegas HBO ppv!

Pre-Fight Press Conference

At the Pre-fight press conference, Ali is almost expected to dish out a few nursery rhyme styled insults towards Tyson, and he does. Ali continues his crowd pleasing rant, until Tyson just about has had enough. He attacks Ali, initiating a brawl between the entourage of both fighters. Moments later the situation calms, and the conference is cut short. This gives boxing media across the world much to talk, and write about.

Round 1

After the opening bell, Ali dances around Tyson, trying to establish his jab. Tyson comes out guns blazing, going for the early KO. Ali lands several jabs. Tyson slips his way inside, and lands a few good hooks. Round 1-Ali.

Round 2

In the second round, Ali gains confidence and starts putting his punches together. Tyson works his jab, and slips to get inside. When inside Tyson goes to the body. A solid left hook to the head from “Iron Mike” momentarily stuns Ali, putting the crowd on edge. Round 2-Tyson.

Round 3

In the third, Tyson increases the pressure. Ali continues back-pedaling, and working his jab, trying to avoid Tyson’s power. After a few clinches Ali is rocked again by another left hook, but manages to survive the round. Round 3-Tyson

In Tyson’s corner, Kevin Rooney tells him to step it up, and go for the KO!

Round 4

In the fourth, Tyson increases the pressure even further! Landing, and missing, powerful blows intended to shatter Ali’s chin. Ali is successful at evading Tyson’s onslaught, until he is floored by a devastating uppercut. He never saw it coming! Fans jump to their feet, with screams loud enough to blow the top off the arena. Ali gets up at the count of three, and the fight is resumed. Larry Merchant acknowledges the fact that it was a “flash knockdown, and Ali isn’t hurt. The bell sounds. Round 4-Tyson

Angelo Dundee begs Ali to stay off the ropes, tells him to keep moving, and to double up on the jab. Ali nods his head in agreement.

Roy Jones Jr says “Ali must survive this next round in order to have a chance”. Larry Merchant adds “Tyson must finish Ali before he (Tyson) runs out of steam”.

Round 5

In the fifth, Ali is slightly hesitant. Tyson capitalizes on this and easily gets inside. In the “trenches” Tyson turns up the heat! Throwing thunderous blows to Ali’s body & head. Tyson lands an uppercut that wobbles Ali, and another that floors him. This time Ali takes his time getting off the canvas, standing up at the count of 8. Ali is hurt, and Tyson knows it! Tyson charges towards Ali, backing him up against the ropes. Angelo Dundee is screaming “Get off the ropes kid”. Ali disregards those orders. Tyson is loading up on Ali, and the ref is getting ready to stop the fight. Ali clinches, stopping Tyson’s attack. The ref separates them, and Ali bangs his gloves together begging for more! The crowd goes wild! Ali slips a hook from Tyson, and lands a quick jab, followed by a powerful straight right. The bell sounds. Round 5-Tyson

Round 6

In the sixth, Ali is keeping Tyson at bay with a stiff jab. Tyson seems to be running out of gas. Everything Tyson throws at Ali is either slipped, blocked, parried, and/or countered. The momentum has definitely shifted. Ali is doubling up on his jab, and landing 3-4 punch combinations. When Tyson gets inside Ali clinches; successfully shutting down Tyson’s offense. Round 6-Ali

Ali does his signature “Ali Shuffle”, then walks to his corner.

Jim Lampley says “Ali is gaining confidence by the second”

Round 7

In the seventh, Tyson is swinging wildly, trying desperately to repeat his early round success. Ali is capitalizing on Tyson’s mistakes, going to the head & body. With 1:07 left in the round, Ali stuns Tyson with a left hook to the head. Then drops Tyson with a powerful one-two combo. Tyson struggles to get to his feet, but manages to do so. Rising at 9. The 10 second warning sounds, and Ali throws a few flurries stunning Tyson again. Tyson is saved by the bell! Round 7-Ali

Jim Lampley says “I’m curious to see how Ali handles this. Does he go for the KO or try to win on points?” Roy Jones Jr adds “Tyson needs to step it up if he wants to win”

Round 8

In the eighth, Ali comes out looking to increase the pace. Tyson slips a right cross from Ali then cracks him with an uppercut. Ali is a little unsteady. Tyson carefully picks apart Ali with hooks & uppercuts. Sensing his chance, Tyson begins throwing flurries! Ali ducks under a hook with bad intentions, then demolishes Tyson with one of his own. Iron Mike goes down! Tyson struggles to get up. By the time he does, the ref has already counted him out! Ali wins via 8th round KO!

The fight is named “Fight Of The Year”!

Post Fight Press Conference

During the Post-fight press conference, Muhammad Ali tells the media “If Tyson wants a rematch, I’m right here waiting!”

From Here and FWIW I tend to agree Ali

fighters hit a night in their lives when imho they wont be beat, tyson .. the night he fought spinks i dont think any from any era would have beat tyson that night, the night hagler fought hearns no middleweight would have beat hagler that night.. i have seen tyson fight live & it was special to see tyson perform

Tyson is my era, just, so my heart is inclined to say him. But **** me that boy Ali could move.

I agree with the assessment posted by Bicks above. However, if Tyson lands and lands early enough NOBODY stands a chance. Not even Snatch era Brad Pitt.

Muhammad Ali

Mike Tyson

Muhammad Ali a fighter who could talk a big game, but could also back it up with flashy footwork, excellent head movement, and a stiff jab, faces Mike Tyson. A man who intimidated the majority of his opponents with his muscular physique alone; right before dropping the hammer on his foe with one perfect punch.

At the Pre-fight press conference, Ali is almost expected to dish out a few nursery rhyme styled insults towards Tyson, and he does. Ali continues his crowd pleasing rant, until Tyson just about has had enough. He attacks Ali, initiating a brawl between the entourage of both fighters. Moments later the situation calms, and the conference is cut short. This gives boxing media across the world much to talk, and write about.

Round 1

After the opening bell, Ali dances around Tyson, trying to establish his jab. Tyson comes out guns blazing, going for the early KO. Ali lands several jabs. Tyson slips his way inside, and lands a few good hooks. Round 1-Ali.

Round 2

In the second round, Ali gains confidence and starts putting his punches together. Tyson works his jab, and slips to get inside. When inside Tyson goes to the body. A solid left hook to the head from “Iron Mike” momentarily stuns Ali, putting the crowd on edge. Round 2-Tyson.

Round 3

In the third, Tyson increases the pressure. Ali continues back-pedaling, and working his jab, trying to avoid Tyson’s power. After a few clinches Ali is rocked again by another left hook, but manages to survive the round. Round 3-Tyson

Round 4

In the fourth, Tyson increases the pressure even further! Landing, and missing, powerful blows intended to shatter Ali’s chin. Ali is successful at evading Tyson’s onslaught, until he is floored by a devastating uppercut. He never saw it coming! Fans jump to their feet, with screams loud enough to blow the top off the arena. Ali gets up at the count of three, and the fight is resumed. Larry Merchant acknowledges the fact that it was a “flash knockdown, and Ali isn’t hurt. The bell sounds. Round 4-Tyson

Angelo Dundee begs Ali to stay off the ropes, tells him to keep moving, and to double up on the jab. Ali nods his head in agreement.

Roy Jones Jr says “Ali must survive this next round in order to have a chance”. Larry Merchant adds “Tyson must finish Ali before he (Tyson) runs out of steam”.

Round 5

In the fifth, Ali is slightly hesitant. Tyson capitalizes on this and easily gets inside. In the “trenches” Tyson turns up the heat! Throwing thunderous blows to Ali’s body & head. Tyson lands an uppercut that wobbles Ali, and another that floors him. This time Ali takes his time getting off the canvas, standing up at the count of 8. Ali is hurt, and Tyson knows it! Tyson charges towards Ali, backing him up against the ropes. Angelo Dundee is screaming “Get off the ropes kid”. Ali disregards those orders. Tyson is loading up on Ali, and the ref is getting ready to stop the fight. Ali clinches, stopping Tyson’s attack. The ref separates them, and Ali bangs his gloves together begging for more! The crowd goes wild! Ali slips a hook from Tyson, and lands a quick jab, followed by a powerful straight right. The bell sounds. Round 5-Tyson

Round 6

In the sixth, Ali is keeping Tyson at bay with a stiff jab. Tyson seems to be running out of gas. Everything Tyson throws at Ali is either slipped, blocked, parried, and/or countered. The momentum has definitely shifted. Ali is doubling up on his jab, and landing 3-4 punch combinations. When Tyson gets inside Ali clinches; successfully shutting down Tyson’s offense. Round 6-Ali

Round 7

In the seventh, Tyson is swinging wildly, trying desperately to repeat his early round success. Ali is capitalizing on Tyson’s mistakes, going to the head & body. With 1:07 left in the round, Ali stuns Tyson with a left hook to the head. Then drops Tyson with a powerful one-two combo. Tyson struggles to get to his feet, but manages to do so. Rising at 9. The 10 second warning sounds, and Ali throws a few flurries stunning Tyson again. Tyson is saved by the bell! Round 7-Ali

Jim Lampley says “I’m curious to see how Ali handles this. Does he go for the KO or try to win on points?” Roy Jones Jr adds “Tyson needs to step it up if he wants to win”

Round 8

In the eighth, Ali comes out looking to increase the pace. Tyson slips a right cross from Ali then cracks him with an uppercut. Ali is a little unsteady. Tyson carefully picks apart Ali with hooks & uppercuts. Sensing his chance, Tyson begins throwing flurries! Ali ducks under a hook with bad intentions, then demolishes Tyson with one of his own. Iron Mike goes down! Tyson struggles to get up. By the time he does, the ref has already counted him out! Ali wins via 8th round KO!

During the Post-fight press conference, Muhammad Ali tells the media “If Tyson wants a rematch, I’m right here waiting!”

Replace Muhammad Ali with Rocky Balboa and Mike Tyson with Clubber Lang and you've got Rocky 3 :)

Either way I agree Ali would win it.

Funny - not a boxing fan but I have been pondering this same question recently having just read King of the World by David Remnink and watched both Ali Liston fights on Youtube, followed by Tyson's 10 quickest knockouts.

In the book, Angelo Dundee is reported as saying that Liston would have easily polished off Tyson, but then I suppose he would say that as it makes his guy look better. I can't see it myself (though I know very little) - compare the sluggish, ponderous Liston (albeit past his peak) in his fights with Ali to Tyson, who just seems like a relentless machine, hunting opponents down and taking them out.

I suppose the best fighter with a similarish reach to Ali that Tyson fought was Lennox Lewis, who polished him off comfortably. My opinion (worth very little in the absence of any proper knowledge of boxing) is that Ali's similar reach and incredible footwork mean that Tyson wouldn't get close enough toreally unleash his power.

Muhammad Ali

Mike Tyson

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Round 8

Replace Muhammad Ali with Rocky Balboa and Mike Tyson with Clubber Lang and you've got Rocky 3 :)

Either way I agree Ali would win it.

Balboa was based on Rocky Marciano, Apollo Creed on Ali and Clubber Lang on Mike Tyson.

Also think Mason "The Line" Dixon was based on a heavyweight version of Mayweather.

Balboa was based on Rocky Marciano, Apollo Creed on Ali and Clubber Lang on Mike Tyson.

Mike Tyson was only 16 when Rocky 3 came out :)

iirc, Stallone based Balboa on a Chuck Wepner fight he saw.

Ali all the way.

7" reach advantage and the rope-a-dope? He would have spent the first 10 rounds picking Tyson off as he rushed forwards all guns blazing..... and then spent the last two knocking him about.

Mike Tyson was only 16 when Rocky 3 came out :)

iirc, Stallone based Balboa on a Chuck Wepner fight he saw.

Oh okay maybe not :lol:

fighters hit a night in their lives when imho they wont be beat, tyson .. the night he fought spinks i dont think any from any era would have beat tyson that night, the night hagler fought hearns no middleweight would have beat hagler that night.. i have seen tyson fight live & it was special to see tyson perform

I think the Ali who dismantled Cleveland Williams would have beaten a prime Tyson fairly easily. The second round of that fight is a masterclass from the greatest. Even an o] lder Ali would have been too much for Tyson, the 1970s Ali shared the ring with bigger punches and better boxers than Tyson ever was, and if the truth be told I think Mike Tyson is a bit over rated. His reign of terror over the heavyweight division came at a time when it was fairly mediocre, five years either way and his star wouldn't have shone as brightly. It would have been interesting to see Tyson vs a 28 year old Larry Holmes rather than a 38 year old, and I think both Holyfield and Lennox were better fighters in the 90s.

Prime Ali vs prime Lennox Lewis (the one who destroyed Donovan Razor Ruddock) would be a much more interesting question.

I think the Ali who dismantled Cleveland Williams would have beaten a prime Tyson fairly easily. The second round of that fight is a masterclass from the greatest. Even an o] lder Ali would have been too much for Tyson, the 1970s Ali shared the ring with bigger punches and better boxers than Tyson ever was, and if the truth be told I think Mike Tyson is a bit over rated. His reign of terror over the heavyweight division came at a time when it was fairly mediocre, five years either way and his star wouldn't have shone as brightly. It would have been interesting to see Tyson vs a 28 year old Larry Holmes rather than a 38 year old, and I think both Holyfield and Lennox were better fighters in the 90s.

Prime Ali vs prime Lennox Lewis (the one who destroyed Donovan Razor Ruddock) would be a much more interesting question.

im a big ali fan too but mike was hard to hit in his day,how he got inside was quite something with head movement etc, ali has put on his backside in his prime by our henry coopers left hook,for me tysons left hook was better & more powerfull than our henrys,i carnt see how ali would have got through round after round without mike handing,when mike landed correct they went down.tyson by ko

im a big ali fan too but mike was hard to hit in his day,how he got inside was quite something with head movement etc, ali has put on his backside in his prime by our henry coopers left hook,for me tysons left hook was better & more powerfull than our henrys,i carnt see how ali would have got through round after round without mike handing,when mike landed correct they went down.tyson by ko

Ali was 5 inches taller and had a reach 9 inches longer, that's quite considerable, Tyson would have found it hard to get near him

Foreman was better at what Tyson was all about, he was bigger, stronger and had a harder punch, Ali beat foreman.........

Take a look at Foremans fights before he met with Ali, the guy was a beast of fighter.

Ali was 5 inches taller and had a reach 9 inches longer, that's quite considerable, Tyson would have found it hard to get near him

mate im not being funny,tyson faced height/reach disadvantage in 99% of his fights,in his pime it made no difference.tyson ko the lot,tyson under trainer kev/cus was very hard to hit as tyson head speed was so fast, yes when tyson was not in his prime he was easy to hit but were talking prime here.

Â