SEASON TICKET INFO 2012/13

chappy

Post subject: Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 04:34 PM

International

Supported VT in the past

Cule4life wrote:

blunther wrote:

Cule4life wrote:

Good god for anyone who renews their tickets they have no right to complain. I will not go to see villa until Mcleish has gone.

I'm expecting a huge drop in holders for 12-13 season

So season ticket holders have no right to complain but someone who doesn't go and has a Barcelona avatar does have the right? Okay.

Wake up Jimmy.

What im saying is: Most people on here are complaining about MCleish and Lerner right ?

You cant moan if your funding their pocket's if you want to hit them don't buy ST's.

Pretty simple to be fair

What a load of nonsense.

So, because I buy this seasons top, a season ticket, and food & drink in the ground, I have NO RIGHT to complain about the football style/ a signing/ a managers weaknesses?

in his words you may only qoute when you dont go to games and join a fansite with a name saying how much you love ANOTHER team

Good god for anyone who renews their tickets they have no right to complain. I will not go to see villa until Mcleish has gone.

I'm expecting a huge drop in holders for 12-13 season

So season ticket holders have no right to complain but someone who doesn't go and has a Barcelona avatar does have the right? Okay.

Wake up Jimmy.

What im saying is: Most people on here are complaining about MCleish and Lerner right ?

You cant moan if your funding their pocket's if you want to hit them don't buy ST's.

Pretty simple to be fair

What a load of nonsense.

So, because I buy this seasons top, a season ticket, and food & drink in the ground, I have NO RIGHT to complain about the football style/ a signing/ a managers weaknesses?

Read the post above you please.

Still the football is mediocre and that's mainly down to the manager. And the people in charge of MCleish are mediocre.

That's all im saying.

and NO you have every right to complain as your the one spending a fortune to fund MCleish's pocket so yes you have every right

I said I wouldn't renew last summer but I did. I won't be able to bring myself to do so again this year though unless major changes happen. I think those that are suggesting that you stand by the Club through thick and thin are underestimating how much not going will hurt those that believe it to be their only form of protest available. It must be obvious to all at the Club by now that supporters are not happy but if they decide to persist with McLeish and the current way of doing things, refusing to go to matches (and I, for one, will also not be spending another penny on any Club merchandise for as long as things remain as they are) will be the only meaningful action left for supporters to affect change. It pains me that I feel so dramatically at odds with the Club but I still haven't rebounded from the contemptuous way we were all treated last summer, let alone the miserable experience that has been this season, so I feel it is ultimately in the best interests of the Club's future that protest continues and supporters cease ploughing money into the Club until reason finally prevails among the hierarchy.

Great post. If long standing and loyal season ticket holders decide not to renew next season in an attempt to force change then why are they any less loyal than those that renew and continue to accept the turgid drivel served up this season?

The past 18 months or so have been awful yet utterly predictable and easily avoidable.

After last season's flirtation with relegation i renewed early as i thought Lerner and his sidekick Faulkner wouldn't make the mistake of appointing another poor manager.....

The appointment of McLeish underlines just how piss poor their judgement is and the position we now find ourselves in as far as poor football, supporter disillusionment etc is no surprise given his track record.

I wouldn't slag anyone off who decides not to renew because maybe by taking that action they may instigate change. The board will only pay attention to revenue and a major drop in season ticket renewal is likely to make them sit up and notice more so than fans that turn up and accept the situation.

Therefore who is the better fan - the one that blindly supports the team or the one that instigates change for the better?

The way I'm looking at it, even if the football is dire again next year, I'll be in a bloody good seat for £15.53 a game

and i will still be able to sit in the same seat i am in now even though that cost me £29 a game this season

It's a risk I'll take. I'm gambling a little bit on the fact that I'm pretty sure McLeish will be gone at the end of the season

Then I will have locked down 2 top seats at about a 40% discount. Kerching

It is very tempting to not renew tbh. An extra bit of money from petrol/ food/ ST each year would come in handy - but I still get the buzz on Friday before a matchday, I still get excited to go up to VP and guess the teamsheet, in spite of the poor results and occasionally negative football.

I'm not going to say that it's always negative or boring, because it's not. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and use the same recycled reasons, when I don't feel that they're always completely his fault.

Occasionally I can see what he's trying, occasionally I am stumped by his decisions, and occasionally I can see us playing attacking football that is simply let down by the players or bad luck.

I fully expect to see McLeish in charge next season, from my Holte End seat. Hopefully we'll start to climb back into the top half, with lower wages, and build from there.

Oh that's right

Chips are down

**** it I'm not going approach

Great support

What utter nonsense, the fact that you choose to spend your money and watch that drivel at VP does not make you a better fan than others that will stay away.

Thanks Villadude, I got the message that it was for me. That's fine. I don't enjoy it any more (and it's not because we lose/draw - I enjoyed the Arsenal game at home) and I have more going on in my life that I can do without going to Villa Park to be miserable. Doesn't in my view, make me any less of a supporter. I have a certain amount of disposable income and I will choose to spend it where I can have some enjoyment from it. Life's too short to piss it up the wall getting angry and miserable every other weekend.

For me, I can support the club as and when I see fit. And I don't subscribe to 'blind love' for anything. If people want to spend their money at VP at the moment, good luck to them. It ain't for me. Villa was here long before I was around and unless we get liquidated next year, will be here long after I am in my urn. And when I am in my urn, do you think the club will give two hoots? Will they ****.

On the other hand... at least if I leave my seat empty, the club still has my money for this season (which is fine, because I entered into a contract with them when I bought my chair for 2011-12) but has the embarrassment of my empty seat protest - so I am still supporting the club in a roundabout way. Twisted madness I know, but whatever.

The other good thing, at least I don't have to boo ;-) and reap the scorn of BBC or Daily Mirror journalists.

So all round, I am not that much of a disloyal supporter. I just choose not to go at the moment. That's my choice.

Eck has to go.

I think you've got your point across far more effectively second time around

Effectively its what I did v QPR. Bought a ticket (albeit a very cheap one), but then couldn't be arsed to go

I think there should be a total price freeze rather than this early bird thing and if we want to do that it should represent a bigger saving for the fan. With money as tight as it is now and with the way things are going at our football club I would have thought we might have taken note of that and lowered the charge for all season tickets by say a minimum 10%. It would not have cost much, would have been a nice gesture and it is nice to see our ground near to being full rather than mostly being half empty. The new value area is a decent idea but we needed to do a bit more for season ticket holders in general for me given the under investment on the field is unlikely to be changed by what is taken on the gate.

Its at a point where we need to do something major for ST holders for over 10 years

Something like a lunch afternoon with Paul and Randy

These people dont want 10% off in the shop, they want to feel loved by the club personally & they deserve it

Its at a point where we need to do something major for ST holders for over 10 years

& for those of us that have had one for over 30 years? :winkold:

I think we need to do a bit for everyone who is willing and able to put so much into the club at times like this and adding to the general cost of the season ticket was not the way to go at the moment for me.

I think there should be a total price freeze rather than this early bird thing and if we want to do that it should represent a bigger saving for the fan. With money as tight as it is now and with the way things are going at our football club I would have thought we might have taken note of that and lowered the charge for all season tickets by say a minimum 10%. It would not have cost much, would have been a nice gesture and it is nice to see our ground near to being full rather than mostly being half empty. The new value area is a decent idea but we needed to do a bit more for season ticket holders in general for me given the under investment on the field is unlikely to be changed by what is taken on the gate.

I think that fans should be let in for free and you pay on the way out. Adults should pay £2 for every shot on target by Villa with concessions for other fans obviously, hopefully that might encourage some of this free flowing dutch football we are supposed to have been watching :lol:

& for those of us that have had one for over 30 years? :winkold:

I think we need to do a bit for everyone who is willing and able to put so much into the club at times like this and adding to the general cost of the season ticket was not the way to go at the moment for me.

agree mate, we've had ST's (that sounds a bit like STD's ?) for 30 years but on & off.

I really think that if in July, Randy did a conference and Q&A session just for the ST holders it would go a million miles in terms of relationship building with the regulars

I really think that if in July, Randy did a conference and Q&A session just for the ST holders it would go a million miles in terms of relationship building with the regulars

Sounds a little like the AGM thing we did with those who held Villa shares in the past but chairmen would prefer to avoid these if they were able and Randy is able to avoid such opportunities for questions to be put directly to him as the owner. I agree it is a nice thought but it is not going to happen is it and the link that was tried between the fans and the club via the General has now gone along with the bright future if not the price rises for STs.

I have supported Villa since the 1970's, I have travelled across Europe watching them, I spent a few years in the corporate clouds, with my company taking a box in the Trinity when it first reopened. I used to travel to every away game until the requirement to be close to home meant I was then limited to just home games. Following my sojourn in the Trinity , I have held a season ticket, Doug Lower, 10 rows from the front with a foot in either half - quite the most stunning views.

Next season I will not renew.

This is not a decision I have made lightly, I have agonised long and hard but the long and short is that I am just not enjoying life under Big Eck, I dont like the football, the apparent lack of tactical nous, the atmosphere at the ground. I dont see any light at the end of this tunnel either, even if AMC goes, will not the new encumbent suffer the same financial constraints.

We kid ourselves that "the future is bright", that the kids will come through and take us to the next level but I just dont see it, Delfoneso, Bannan, Clark, Albrighton, Baker, Gardner - all have been disappointing this season to one degree or another.

Our "established" professionals have all flattered to deceive this season, Bent, a luxury we can ill afford. Gabby, a shadow of the player he was. Ireland, disgraceful attitude, likewise Zoggy. Hutton and Warnock - nuff said about them!!

We need the biggest overhaul of a squad than I can ever remeber and we need to do it cost neutral if reports are to believed (and the evidence would tend to support this idea, just look at January!!). I think things may get a lot worse before they get any better and am sorry to say that I have no faith in the current regime putting things right.

No doubt I will support from afar next year - you can never stop supporting your team, but I am afraid my money will be spent elsewhere.

A win today will be lovely but will just paper over the cracks - the die is set - we are in decline!!!!

Â