Midweeek football 6/8 Feb

andykeenan

Credit to Arsenal brilliant in first hour or so, also credit in fairness to Milan as many other teams would have cracked at 3-0 and showed great mental toughness.

Ancelotti's Milan did that a few times (Most notably throwing away a 4-1 first leg against Deportivo and a 3-0 HT lead against Liverpool). Good thing Allegri seems to have a mental toughness that he doesn't.

not this season I aint! :lol:

;)

I am, I just always loved Milan :) They're a club where everyone is a family, they make players feel comfortable and players want to play there. Not as big as they used to be, the economical crisis in Italy has hit them hard, but they still believe. I buy into it :D

Messi is just unbelievable, but that whole Barca team is spectacular. It is football from a different planet and a joy to watch. I went see them play Valencia a couple of weeks ago. Coming back to watch the Villa play after seeing Barca demolish Valencia 5-1 (Messi got 4 that night too) is like spending a night with all the Victoria's Secret models then coming home to find out that the Mrs is in fact a big fat hairy bloke who intends to have his way with you every night of the rest of your life.

This season I genuinely though football was just a shit sport, now I realise that I simply haven't been watching football, just some enthusiastic amateurs in Villa shirts.

Messi is just unbelievable, but that whole Barca team is spectacular. It is football from a different planet and a joy to watch. I went see them play Valencia a couple of weeks ago. Coming back to watch the Villa play after seeing Barca demolish Valencia 5-1 (Messi got 4 that night too) is like spending a night with all the Victoria's Secret models then coming home to find out that the Mrs is in fact a big fat hairy bloke who intends to have his way with you every night of the rest of your life.

This season I genuinely though football was just a shit sport, now I realise that I simply haven't been watching football, just some enthusiastic amateurs in Villa shirts.

I like your post. This Barcelona is awesome and to think they wont win the league this season. The two best teams in world football by far come from Spain. This is why I get annoyed when people say "Scottish league with sun".

@ Voinjama. I agree it is amazing that not only are Real going to win, but that they are pretty much out of site at this stage of the season against such a strong team.

Messi just got his 5th goal! Champions League history tonight.

Just the five tonight then. The weird thing is, it's just become normal and I'm not as surprised as I should be. Truly remarkable footballer; his appetite for the game is astonishing, something I'm not sure we've seen on the planet before.

great finish, comeback is on ;)

48 goals for Barcelona this season. May I just remind everybody it is still only March 7th?

Its an amazing stat but still think RVP goal record is better this season comparing the teams

Wonder if CI£y will go after him

In 1 sense I'd love to see him in the Premier League but on the other if it doesn't work for him here for whatever reason I'll be sad for him :-( City would need to blow, what £250m to get him? £0.5m a week?

No amount of money would buy him, imo. We're not talking about your general world class player - we're talking about one of, if not the greatest player to ever live. It simply can't be bought by the highest bidder. Messi's whole upbringing, training, development has been built around Barca's philosophy and made him the player he is. I imagine one day, he will leave, but not till the later stages of his career and Man.City would be near the bottom of his list of places to go. Wouldn't really make any sense.

Â