Midweeek football 6/8 Feb

andykeenan

means i wont be listening to talksport again for the rest of the week as they start up the debate about how its a disgrace that APOEL the CHAMPIONS of their league are through but man city got a harder group in the CHAMPIONS league

i really dont know why i listen to them (30 seconds of scott mills will probably remind me)

Martinez talks a lot of sense.

Yet his teams are shite.

Created a successful Swansea side that he got promoted and was then the basis for a second promotion to the Premier League.

Keeps one of the smallest, lowest budget teams in the Premier League 2 years running.

Not sure how you define those teams as shite? He's no Mourinho but relatively speaking he has done incredibly well with the resources available to him imo. :?

Better pundit than manager ;-)

Not sure what this is based on, he lead Swansea to a higher level than they had ever played at. At Wigan he has maintained their place at the top table despite having no money and no supporters.

I dont get people, everyone watches him score 5 goals 4 of them were world class and after about 2 minutes of dust settling the first maradona comments come out, then the hes nothing till hes won the WC, then the hes nothing till hes played in the prem and then finally hed be average at stoke

Easily the best player of my generation, hes 24 FFS its crazy to think what records he could end up with, CL record scorer and winner, la liga scorer maybe even european top league scorer

But because he didnt have money problems and have to move to napoli and win them the league he wont be the best ever? Bore off

And FWIW i dont think he'll ever even come close to leaving barca, him, iniesta, fabregas, pique etc will all finish there unless something crazy happens

That's what I was hearing from a guy on facebook last night!

He's not as good as Maradonna because he plays for a great team. h'es never won Serie A with an average team.

What?! What kind of argument is that?

No he doesn't play for an average team, he plays for one of the best club sides of all time (arguably) and is STILL head and shoulders above his teammates

It's not like he's a big fish in a small pond, he's a big fish in a **** huge pond and he's consistently raping all the other fish.

They're both great players. It's always going to come down to a personal preference.

Maradonna still edges it for me but that is probably down to sentiment and the saturation of football on TV today.

Better pundit than manager ;-)

Not sure what this is based on, he lead Swansea to a higher level than they had ever played at. At Wigan he has maintained their place at the top table despite having no money and no supporters.

Yeah I think this is one of those times where the wink smiley has 2 meanings. One being unintentional on the part of the poster :) What Martinez has done for his 2 previous clubs in their respective situations is nothing short of remarkable. He's a very good manager.

Athletic Bilbao are playing some wonderful football especially considering their football culture is similar to British football.

Great to watch and proves their is some good teams in Spain without top 2

Athletic Bilbao are playing some wonderful football especially considering their football culture is similar to British football.

Aren't Athletic considered the 3rd biggest club in Spain? Sorta sleeping giants if you will, granted lightly sleeping not fully comatose on life support with all limbs amputated like Villa.

They're both great players. It's always going to come down to a personal preference.

Maradonna still edges it for me but that is probably down to sentiment and the saturation of football on TV today.

I have no problem with people thinking Maradonna was better.

I think it'san era thing. I'm too young to really remember Maradonna when he wasactually playing.

My problem was with my "friend"'s crap argument :)

Aren't Athletic considered the 3rd biggest club in Spain? Sorta sleeping giants if you will, granted lightly sleeping not fully comatose on life support with all limbs amputated like Villa.

maybe 20 odd years ago but for a club that has never signed a "foreigner" its amazing what they have achieved in last few years by staying in league. Imagine Villa only signing Midlanders?

Also never relegated

They've been incredible.

Their second, even though it was offside was magnificently worked and taken. This is probably one of the most enjoyable games I've watched in a long time.

Â