Midweeek football 6/8 Feb

andykeenan

Agree with Liam Brady on Irish tv. As good as he is the players and envorpnment he plays with make him great. Also said for example put him in Chelsea and he would be an absolute different player and not as effective

So how many goals will Messi get for Barcelona this season?

He has scored 48 goals in 42 games so far.

Barcelona have a minimum of 16 (13 league, 1 cup, 2 Europe) and a maximum of 21 (13 league, 2 cup, 5 Europe) games to play. Barring injury or suspension, I think Leo Messi will be very disappointed if he doesnt hit 60 goals.

And Barcelona wont sell him any time soon. He is already earning €10m+ a year, so he doesnt need to leave for money. Barcelona dont need the fee, the only time they will sell him is when they think his best days are over, like they did with Ronaldinho.

Agree with Liam Brady on Irish tv. As good as he is the players and envorpnment he plays with make him great. Also said for example put him in Chelsea and he would be an absolute different player and not as effective

But that is based on the ludicrous assumption that Chelsea wouldnt change the way they play if they had Messi in their team.

great finish, comeback is on ;)

48 goals for Barcelona this season. May I just remind everybody it is still only March 7th?

Its an amazing stat but still think RVP goal record is better this season comparing the teams

Agree with that I think. Messi is phenomenal but in a phenomenal side, RVP is scoring for fun in a decidedly er, nomenal (?) side.

But then 48 goals by March regardless of the team you're in is just obscene. Hmm.

I disagree that Messi wouldnt be as good if he left Barca and went to x y or z. Great players can adapt, Messi would be awesome in any team. Furthermore someone as good as him would have things built around him.

It's debatable but no way any other player would score the amount of goals he does in the position he does for Barca.

Let's not forget his all round game, how deep he drops throughout the game, he scores when the opportunities arises but his game is so much more than that. As shown by his 20 assists also this season and general play and creativity.

He plays the game so beautifully, there is no one like him.

With the space Bayer left out there they might aswell not have played.

Messi had a good game but consistency throughout the season away from home has been his problem.. which is why Barcelona are 2nd and will most likely be there come end of season.

I disagree that Messi wouldnt be as good if he left Barca and went to x y or z. Great players can adapt, Messi would be awesome in any team

Except Argentina national team ;)

Watch their games, he is their best player every time. One man cannot be expected to win every game by themselves. It has clearly been a team problem for a while now, otherwise even if Messi isn't scoring goals for fun, they'd be doing better than they are with the talent in the squad.

I dont get people, everyone watches him score 5 goals 4 of them were world class and after about 2 minutes of dust settling the first maradona comments come out, then the hes nothing till hes won the WC, then the hes nothing till hes played in the prem and then finally hed be average at stoke

Easily the best player of my generation, hes 24 FFS its crazy to think what records he could end up with, CL record scorer and winner, la liga scorer maybe even european top league scorer

But because he didnt have money problems and have to move to napoli and win them the league he wont be the best ever? Bore off

And FWIW i dont think he'll ever even come close to leaving barca, him, iniesta, fabregas, pique etc will all finish there unless something crazy happens

It seems the more he achieves and the more he scores, the more people look for excuses to undermine the achievements or say he wasnt the best ever. I have been following football since the mid 90s, and he is by far the best player in that time. For me it is not even close. You can disagree if you want, but that is my and many other peoples opinions.

Lets ust admire the talent.

I disagree that Messi wouldnt be as good if he left Barca and went to x y or z. Great players can adapt, Messi would be awesome in any team

Except Argentina national team ;)

Watch their games, he is their best player every time. One man cannot be expected to win every game by themselves. It has clearly been a team problem for a while now, otherwise even if Messi isn't scoring goals for fun, they'd be doing better than they are with the talent in the squad.

If he won the world cup then people would come out with 'he couldn't do it in England'

APOEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant story great to see a minnow go through to last 8. Platini will be happy tonight as his plan for smaller leagues to advance has worked

My dad lives in Cyprus, he lives right opposite Deryneia FC's ground. It's literally a piece of torn up grass, one ruined turnstile and a stand that holds about 50 people. They recently got into the first division and play the likes of APOEL. Obviously the Nicosia clubs are much larger but this is such an achievement for a team in that league, it's unreal.

Â