Euros England XI

VILLAFC2000

England Team for Euros is everyone is fit.

---------------------Haart--------------------

--- Richards Jones Lescott Cole ---

---------Milner Gerrard Wilshire -----------

------------------ (cap)----------------------------

Sturidge ------------------------------- Young

-------------Wellbeck/Rooney----------------

1.) Its Highly unlikely that that England will get to the Semi finals, Finals or even win the Euros this year. England will be lucky to qulaify from thir group. This is why England need to start planning ahead for the World cup with a young team.

2.) Who ever the manager is severly needs to play down the expectancy levels in the press. The pressure and expectancy that we put upon our self as a nation does not help matters. Time and time again. All I seem to hear is Harry Redknapp, Terry Venables and Ant & Dec saying that this is the year we are going to win it…! Along with the bookmakers we are always favourites or there about. We are our own worst enemies when it comes to putting pressure on selves and I am sure it does not help us. At every tournament we are genuinely expected to win it, which evidently means if we do not win it we are failures. There is so much room for failure and yet little room for success. We need to change this mentality. The manager needs to come out and say we are not really capable of winning. This takes a lot of the pressure of us. England play much better when the pressure is off.

3.) Scott Parker - He is a good club player. But he is not good enough at international level. He does pass the ball well, break up play and puts in the good tackle. However at international level you need a whole lot more. You need to be able to make the long defense splitting ball, score goals, dribble, Have technical ability, pace and a bit of skill. I think that Parker scores low in these areas. He is the wrong side of 30. Would still have him in squad - he would be a good player to bring on for sure.

If i was England manager my team would be on current form

Hart

Richards Ferdinand Smalling Cole

Scholes Wilshire Parker

Milner Baines

Sturridge

Rooney is suspended for 1st two games and I think Baines has better delivery than most wingers so would play him further forward.

Wilshere won't be fit nor will bent

hart

Richards - Dawson - lescott - cole

milner - gerrard - Parker

Walcott - sturridge -young

won't happen though, Dawson can't get a start at spurs, not sure why pearce didn't like lescott so expect either terry or one of utds blatantly not ready CBs, milner will be out Barry in which will make a boring and welbeck who IMO is nowhere near good enough will be in for sturridge

---------------- Hart -------

Richards - Jones - Smalling - Baines

------- Parker ---- Cleverley ---------

- Walcott ---- Rooney ------ Young

-------------- Welbeck -----------

That's my team, and my prediction because I think Harry will come in and pick a younger team.

I would put Sturridge up top but it depends what sort of role the new manager see's Rooney in. Sturridge can not lead a line on his own IMO. He may choose to put Rooney up top and have someone like Wilshire (if fit) or McEachran (if improves at Swansea) in just behind.

I wouldn't plan for the future as such. It is good to replace older players with younger players, but only if they are good enough. In this country we see other teams replacing the old guard and bring in a new era every now and again, but they don't do it for the sake of it. It's okay to stop picking Raul and Albelda for example, if you have Torres and Fabregas coming through. But we are picking the likes of Frazier Campbell, Rodwell, Cleverly, Jarvis and Henderson etc, when they are never going to be good enough to win a WC. Along with Modric and Toure, Carrick has been the best CM in the Prem this season, yet he doesn't get in the squad, whilst Rodwell and Cleverly have!

We have as much chance as winning the Euros as we do any other championship in the last 10 years and probably the next 10 years aswell. I think we are deluding ouselves if we think giving younger players experience will reap benefits in the future. Players should be picked on merit not age. Form comes and goes too quickly and potential so often falls away, so to plan long term for International football is ultimatley flawed in my opinion.

The German youngsters get into their team because they are the best German players. When our young players start performing in the Prem to the level Hummels, Kroos, Reus, Schurlle, Badstuber, Hummels and Gotze et al perform in the Bundesliga, then I'll be all for building for the future. But our young players are fairly shit and I think we'll be building for a future of failing to reach the knock out stages.

----------------Hart

Johnson---Terry---Ferdinand---Cole

--------Carrick-----Wilshire

Sturridge-----Lampard-------Downing

---------------Rooney

I wouldn't plan for the future as such. It is good to replace older players with younger players, but only if they are good enough. In this country we see other teams replacing the old guard and bring in a new era every now and again, but they don't do it for the sake of it. It's okay to stop picking Raul and Albelda for example, if you have Torres and Fabregas coming through. But we are picking the likes of Frazier Campbell, Rodwell, Cleverly, Jarvis and Henderson etc, when they are never going to be good enough to win a WC. Along with Modric and Toure, Carrick has been the best CM in the Prem this season, yet he doesn't get in the squad, whilst Rodwell and Cleverly have!

We have as much chance as winning the Euros as we do any other championship in the last 10 years and probably the next 10 years aswell. I think we are deluding ouselves if we think giving younger players experience will reap benefits in the future. Players should be picked on merit not age. Form comes and goes too quickly and potential so often falls away, so to plan long term for International football is ultimatley flawed in my opinion.

The German youngsters get into their team because they are the best German players. When our young players start performing in the Prem to the level Hummels, Kroos, Reus, Schurlle, Badstuber, Hummels and Gotze et al perform in the Bundesliga, then I'll be all for building for the future. But our young players are fairly shit and I think we'll be building for a future of failing to reach the knock out stages.

----------------Hart

---------------Rooney

You Wouldnt plan for the future...! I am not really sure why you would not want to do that. If you take a look at Zee Germans thats exactly what they have done – After there failure at the Euros they took a drastic decision and gamble to invest heavily in grass roots football. If you look at how many top class UEFA coaches they have its something like 19 000 in the whole of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland its 3 000. In that retrospect I am not sure after shambolic constant failures why you would NOT want to plan for the future.I think Saying that Carrick has been the best midfliefder in the PL is a massive shout – are you saying that he has been as good as Silva #NOTACHANCE.

Certainly a lot of the media think we are worthy of winning the Euros. Last Year Stuart Pearce led the U21 team to the Euros – They were ranked as one of the favourites AGAIN for the tournament. The team consisted of Phil Jones, Smalling, Sturidge, Wellbeck, Henderson, Josh McRechron ect ect. The stats say it all out of all of the teams England played the MOST amount of long balls and had one of the worst passing records. Needless to say they went out in the group stages...! Did you watch the Last World Cup, The Euros which we failed to qualify for and the World Cup before that Ect ect. The point is that the Senior players have proved time and time again that they are nowhere near good enough at the highest International Level. Terry was shocking defensively Barrys lack of mobility and pace was exposed to the maximum – Rooney failed to deliver on both temperament and scoring. It does help if you can trap a ball and pass it to someone more than 5 yards way without it going out for a throw in or to the opposition. This is why England need to have a gameplan.

England set of youngsters are not the word class by any means, I have been the first to critize especially after there flop at the U21s last year. However I dont think there is a lot of difference in class between the German Youngsters and our Youngsters. Ferguson and Wenger certainly have been in no rush to buy them that’s for sure.

are you saying that he has been as good as Silva #NOTACHANCE.

Oh good, Joey Barton's ignorance of what a hash-tag is for is coming into common usage.

They were ranked as one of the favourites AGAIN for the tournament.

In an English bookmaker, yes. Because that's what English people are going to bet on.

English teams being ranked as favourites for things is far more to do with people putting more money on that than their likelihood of winning.

are you saying that he has been as good as Silva #NOTACHANCE.

Oh good, Joey Barton's ignorance of what a hash-tag is for is coming into common usage.

lol

They were ranked as one of the favourites AGAIN for the tournament.

In an English bookmaker, yes. Because that's what English people are going to bet on.

English teams being ranked as favourites for things is far more to do with people putting more money on that than their likelihood of winning.

Although a lot of the pundits still think we can win it.

What's the obsession with Wellbeck? What has he done?

My team?

Hart

Baines

Lescott

Cahill

Richards

A Johnson/A Young

Parker

Milner

A Johnson/A Young

Sturridge

Holt (In lieu of Bent)

Get shot of the entire failed "Golden generation" now. They've all had their chances and failed dismally.

Hart

Richards Dawson Lescott Baines

Parker Carrick

Scholes/Cleverley/Wilshere

Walcott Rooney/Sturridge Young

Can't believe Carrick can't get into the squad, ffs do they ever learn!

Crickey - I was looking at the results at last years Euro under 21s Tornamanet.

We were absolutely shocking no seriously. There were only 8 teams in it.....! Yes only 8 teams...! There was no Germany, Holland, France, Portuagal, Italy, Croatia ect ect. We got one twopoints from a possible 9. We played the most ammount of long balls as the touranment and had one of the worst passing records. The team consited of Wellbeck, Sturidge, Rose, Jones, Smalling, Henderson. We were manager by Pearce. You could not make that stuff up. Basically anyone on this website could not have done much worse.

How is that possible...?!

Belarus

Czech Republic

Denmark (hosts)

England

Iceland

Spain

Switzerland

Ukraine

----------------Hart

---------------Rooney

Really you don't think the likes of Ox.Chamberlain, Kyle Walker, Sturridge, Phil Jones, Smalling, Wellbeck etc performing pretty well for their clubs at the top of the league is comparable to the german guys?

Â