Euros England XI

VILLAFC2000

Hart

Richards - Lescott - Jagielka (If fit) - Cole

Parker - Barry

Walcott - Rooney/Gerrard - Young

Sturridge

I think Sturridge is our best finisher, Young can dive for free kicks, Walcott gives that extra dimension, Rooney/Gerrard to dictate. Parker/Barry to clean up and cover when Richards and Cole attack.

Although for smaller teams, replace Barry with a more attacking player. Keep Parker as captain.

Assuming everyone is fit.

----------------Hart

Richards, Jones, Lescott, Cole

----------Parker, Wilshere

--------------Gerrard

Sturridge-------------------Young

---------------Rooney

Incidentally, I'd still put effort into getting Scholes to go.

I still don't think we have a midfielder like him. Wilshere is probably as close as we've got.

Probably not, but I thought we were assuming everyone was fit.

But even if Wilshere's only just back to fitness, I'd still take him. I honestly think he's the kind of player we should be building the England team around.

Incidentally, I'd still put effort into getting Scholes to go.

No!

The guy's 37 and he turned his back on England.

No way should he be going to the Euros.

Where was he during the qualification campaign?

Really you don't think the likes of Ox.Chamberlain, Kyle Walker, Sturridge, Phil Jones, Smalling, Wellbeck etc performing pretty well for their clubs at the top of the league is comparable to the german guys?

mm Ox cant get a game for Arsenal right or wrong

Sturridge in fairness is doing well in a sideshow

Jones has been very average for me and is living off his reputation

Smalling is doing well and Welbeck is a strange talent loks shit but does a job

compared to likes of Hummels, Reus and Goetze they are on a different level and are performing for their national team at moment

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/892160-jack-wilsheres-euro-2012-hopes-given-a-boost-by-arsenal-boss

Looks like Witshire might make it.

However there is still a long way to go. We are already without Rooney for two games. Darren Bent is probably going to be out.

I think at least two other Senior players will get injured and miss it - they always do...!

Scholes has shown so much disrespect to the England team its unreal.

I listened to Lewis Moody talking about International Rugby and playing for your country the other day - He was saying how much it means and how you automatically raise your game by 10 -15%.

Imagine Scholes saying that....! He threw his toys out of his pram when he did not get picked on the left side of Midfield (He had a point). He should of earned his right to play in center mid by doing his talking on the pitch...! Not retiring at the age of 29 and saying if you don't play me where I want to be played I am not playing.

Milner over Scholes all the way. HE has good skill, pace, can score goals plus he would probably run to the Euros just to get a game.

He threw his toys out of his pram when he did not get picked on the left side of Midfield (He had a point). He should of earned his right to play in center mid by doing his talking on the pitch

He had won 6 league titles for the best English team of his generation. He more than earned the right to play centre midfield

He threw his toys out of his pram when he did not get picked on the left side of Midfield (He had a point). He should of earned his right to play in center mid by doing his talking on the pitch...! Not retiring at the age of 29 and saying if you don't play me where I want to be played I am not playing.

You do realise what you're saying there?

That the best English midfielder of his, or many generations, some have even suggested ever, hadn't earned the right to play in his best position?

Farming him out on the left was an absolute disgrace. Besides which, he never once said this was why he quit international football. He made himself available to McLaren at various points and even Capello if rumours are to be believed.

Get him on the plane.

Farming him out on the left was an absolute disgrace.

Especially when it was being done to accommodate Lampard and Gerrard, who between them have had about 8 good games for England out of nearly 200 caps.

_____________._____J.Hart

M.Richards__C.Smalling__J.Lescott___L.Baines

______J.Milner___S.Parker[c]___G.Barry

_D.Sturridge___.__W.Rooney_______A.Young

Dark horses for the squad - Danny Graham, Anthony Pilkington.

He threw his toys out of his pram when he did not get picked on the left side of Midfield (He had a point). He should of earned his right to play in center mid by doing his talking on the pitch...! Not retiring at the age of 29 and saying if you don't play me where I want to be played I am not playing.

That the best English midfielder of his, or many generations, some have even suggested ever, hadn't earned the right to play in his best position?

Farming him out on the left was an absolute disgrace. Besides which, he never once said this was why he quit international football. He made himself available to McLaren at various points and even Capello if rumours are to be believed.

Get him on the plane.

Pretty much this.

We don't have a player like Scholes. None of our midfielders can control the game and find passes like he can, we just don't have players in that mould.

Wilshere will get there (or close), I reckon, as long as his injuries don't hamper him too much.

Carrick is in a similar mould, but nowhere even close to being as good.

But as it stands, Scholes is our only one, and I think he's the kind of player you need on that stage.

I would absolutely take him.

Get him on the plane.

Gerrard was forced to play on the left numerous times but you don't see him retiring do you.

Difference is that Gerrard is actually committed to his country.

Unlike Scholes.

Scholes made his choice when he retired from international duty.

That should be the end as far as I'm concerned.

If he didn't want to play for England then he can get lost.

Â