Euros England XI

VILLAFC2000

Every team that doesn't win a tournament can point to a reason why they didn't. It's not something that's unique to England. Italy in 2002 was worse luck than all the above put together.

And I'm not sure what Rooney's sending-off had to do with Ronaldo. He didn't force Rooney to jump on Carvalho's testicles.

I think this is the tournament we are going into with the lowest expectations in decades.

Hmmm I like to think so.

But we are fourth favourite at the moments...?!

Low expectancy is good it takes pressure of the players. Look at the Spain game for example. When we played Argentina with 10 men and Portugal.

England always play better when they are up against it.

I think this is the tournament we are going into with the lowest expectations in decades.

But we are fourth favourite at the moments...?!

As has been said before, this is more to do with where the money goes rather than what people expect to happen.

The fact that lots of people bet on England out of hope each tournament means their odds are lower. Go to an Italian bookmakers and you'll likely find that Italy's odds are shorter than England's.

England are well overdue a lucky tournament I think, considering the dreadful luck we always seem to get.

98 - Beckham red card

02 - Fluke Ronaldinho goal

04 - Rooney red card thanks to Cristiano Clearing in the Woods, losing on penalties

06 - Portugal, penalties, ditto

08 - Carson error, Robinson's missed kick

10 - Inexplicably disallowed goal, Green error

Def Agree we don't seem to get the rub of the green. Also to add to the above.

98 - Sol Cambells goal in ET when we were down to 10 men was disallowed - Do people think this should have been disiaslowed genuinely.

can any one find a link...?!

Although what we cant blame on luck was Bechams kick..! was he already on a yellow..?

04 - He did exacly the same thing down to 10 men against Portugal in ET. It was disalowed.

England are well overdue a lucky tournament I think, considering the dreadful luck we always seem to get.

98 - Beckham red card

04 - Rooney red card thanks to Cristiano Clearing in the Woods, losing on penalties

If God exists, we should win the next 3 tournaments :P

Rooney did not get a red card in 2004. As has been pointed out, every team that gets knocked out of a tournament has a reason behind it. The only times where England were unlucky was 2004 where a late campbell header was wrongly disallowed and 2010 with the Lampard goal even though Germany were much better on the day anyway.

98 - Beckham red card

If God exists, we should win the next 3 tournaments :P

Rooney did not get a red card in 2004. As has been pointed out, every team that gets knocked out of a tournament has a reason behind it. The only times where England were unlucky was 2004 where a late campbell header was wrongly disallowed and 2010 with the Lampard goal even though Germany were much better on the day anyway.

True. - Did Rooney not get sent off against Portugal in 2006 though.

England do suffer a lot on injuries before Tournaments - although I do think that this is more to do with the PL Season.

Check out a blog I wrote on it.

http://inoffthebar.org/2011/11/15/england-ant-dec-and-failure-co-uk-part-1/

http://inoffthebar.org/2011/11/22/england-the-coaching-conundrum/

It would be interesting to hear people views on it.

Â