Euros England XI

VILLAFC2000

Young did not have a great 09/10 season. That is why.

Are you sure - He scored 9 goals in total that season and got a boat load of assists. He had a solid season

There were lots of England players that had a awful season - half the quad.

Are you really saying SWP was better #nochance

Walcott - Would be a squad player buy would not make my starting XI.

Incidently for the last World cup squad - how on earth did Cappelo think that Shaun Wright Phillips was more fitting than Ashley Young down the wing.

Infact all the pundits did not say a thing.

Now Young is at united he is in a lot of people starting XI.

How on Earth did Capello think that Emile Heskey was more fitting than Darren Bent up front?

Walcott - Would be a squad player buy would not make my starting XI.

Incidently for the last World cup squad - how on earth did Cappelo think that Shaun Wright Phillips was more fitting than Ashley Young down the wing.

Infact all the pundits did not say a thing.

Now Young is at united he is in a lot of people starting XI.

How on Earth did Capello think that Emile Heskey was more fitting than Darren Bent up front?

That is the question many people have been asking for years. Its a very very very old debate. Almost as old as Noahs ark, but why do so many managers rate Heskey and play him ahead of better strikers. Around 2002 he was keeping Fowler out of the Liverpool, which meant Fowler had to leave. :bang:

Its a tricky one - I agree Heskey has never been a talented player.

However - England breezed to the qualification with him in the team and were undefeated only drawing one game and winning the rest.

With regards to Owen - he claimed that Heskey was the best strikeing partner he has ever played with as he made half the goals.

There was no way you were going to succeed with Emile Heskey in the team.

Was Darren Bent injured for the last world cup..?

Ha ha - thats a beauty.

How did Capello not pick DB. I thought DB was out due to injury.

Nah he was in the provisional 30-man squad but dropped for the final squad.

The crazy thing is, in that season preceding the World Cup, Bent scored 25 goals in the league.

Heskey scored 5 goals in the league that season :|

I think we are screwed any way.

To progress in a Touranment you have got to be able to pass the ball to each other and be able to trap it. This was clearly lacking 2 years ago.

After you have learnt how to pass a ball you then need to be able to do this along the floor more than twice..

You then need to keep a clean sheet and 11 players on the pitch - and if possible avoid injuries to ure best players.

PS scoring more that one goal helps.. -

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey...!

England are well overdue a lucky tournament I think, considering the dreadful luck we always seem to get.

98 - Beckham red card

02 - Fluke Ronaldinho goal

04 - Rooney red card thanks to Cristiano Clearing in the Woods, losing on penalties

06 - Portugal, penalties, ditto

08 - Carson error, Robinson's missed kick

10 - Inexplicably disallowed goal, Green error

If God exists, we should win the next 3 tournaments :P

Â