Euros England XI

VILLAFC2000

He threw his toys out of his pram when he did not get picked on the left side of Midfield (He had a point). He should of earned his right to play in center mid by doing his talking on the pitch

He had won 6 league titles for the best English team of his generation. He more than earned the right to play centre midfield

I dont Doubt the following: -

- He won the titles for United.

- He was one of the est midfielders.

- ect ect.

I was talking about him doing his talking on the pitch for England and not United.

When playing for England he was played on the left which was a disgrace I totally agree. However he should of fought for his position harder - There are always injuries in the England team, Scholes would have been in CM then score a few goals, that place would of been his. He was competing with Becham, Lampard and Gerrard. I dint think he should of retired because he was played on the left, I understand his frustration totally - but this is your country.

He threw his toys out of his pram when he did not get picked on the left side of Midfield (He had a point). He should of earned his right to play in center mid by doing his talking on the pitch...! Not retiring at the age of 29 and saying if you don't play me where I want to be played I am not playing.

You do realise what you're saying there?

That the best English midfielder of his, or many generations, some have even suggested ever, hadn't earned the right to play in his best position?

Farming him out on the left was an absolute disgrace. Besides which, he never once said this was why he quit international football. He made himself available to McLaren at various points and even Capello if rumours are to be believed.

Get him on the plane.

Gerrard was forced to play on the left numerous times but you don't see him retiring do you.

Difference is that Gerrard is actually committed to his country.

Unlike Scholes.

Scholes made his choice when he retired from international duty.

That should be the end as far as I'm concerned.

If he didn't want to play for England then he can get lost.

Great point - Gerrard Won the European cup for Liverpool playing at right back - did he winge 3-0 down no he just go on with it, and then what happened....?!?!?!

I thought it was great when King Carlos said he would play in goal for Villa if it meant him playing a game - great attitude. Its not often you hear England players say that.

He threw his toys out of his pram when he did not get picked on the left side of Midfield (He had a point). He should of earned his right to play in center mid by doing his talking on the pitch...! Not retiring at the age of 29 and saying if you don't play me where I want to be played I am not playing.

You do realise what you're saying there?

That the best English midfielder of his, or many generations, some have even suggested ever, hadn't earned the right to play in his best position?

Farming him out on the left was an absolute disgrace. Besides which, he never once said this was why he quit international football. He made himself available to McLaren at various points and even Capello if rumours are to be believed.

Get him on the plane.

I agree Scholes was absolute class and it was an utter disgrace he was not picked in CM - However he was competing with Gerrard, Lampard and Becham who many would say are just as good if not better. In centre mid it should of been Gerrard and Scholes - Totally agree.

However if you genuinely want to play for England in you favored position You should show professionalism wait for your opportunity and take it, you shouldnt give up and retire.

It has to be said that you can sympathies with Scholes he should of got his chance - he was class.

If Redknapp is manager, and Scholes is willing, he will most certainly play along side Parker in my opinion.

"T'riffic player."

Not a bad shout.

What happend two years ago. He was going to go to the World cup but he was not asked personally by Cappelo so he said no.

I dont think even Super Scholes would not have improved England 2 years ago, let alone now.

Walcott needs to be played as a striker.

Remember when Michael Owen was young and had loads of pace?

That should be Walcott's role.

Owen was a much better player than Theo is though. Theo Walcott is being carried by his athletic ability rather than his footballing prowess. He is a sprinter who is in the wrong job, but just about getting away with it.

The key difference here is that Owen was a natural (and lucky!) finisher. Walcott's finishing is about as natural as Katie Price's tits.

Jones has been very average for me and is living off his reputation

This

Which Jones are you talking about? Because you sure as hell cant be talking about Phil Jones of Manchester United!?!? :shock:

yeah Phil, great potential but has been average for United and lacks discipline(positionwise) and mistakes have cost United in Europe

this season Smalling has been better

Jones has been very average for me and is living off his reputation

This

Which Jones are you talking about? Because you sure as hell cant be talking about Phil Jones of Manchester United!?!? :shock:

yeah Phil, great potential but has been average for United and lacks discipline(positionwise) and mistakes have cost United in Europe

this season Smalling has been better

Disagree mate, although i agree Smalling has been very impressive this season. I think sometimes we forget Jones is only 19.

Both him and Smalling are going to be outstanding players imo.

The key difference here is that Owen was a natural (and lucky!) finisher. Walcott's finishing is about as natural as Katie Price's tits.

Walcott is a good finisher.

I honestly believe that if he was played up front in the Michael Owen role he would be a revelation.

Walcott - Would be a squad player buy would not make my starting XI.

Incidently for the last World cup squad - how on earth did Cappelo think that Shaun Wright Phillips was more fitting than Ashley Young down the wing.

Infact all the pundits did not say a thing.

Now Young is at united he is in a lot of people starting XI.

Walcott is a good finisher.

I honestly believe that if he was played up front in the Michael Owen role he would be a revelation.

And Owen was a great finisher. If Walcott was good enough to play through the middle, he would play through the middle. Wenger isnt **** thick. Walcott is too inconsistent, he has far too many off days and on those days he couldnt hit a cows arse with a bango.

And Owen was a great finisher. If Walcott was good enough to play through the middle, he would play through the middle. Wenger isnt **** thick. Walcott is too inconsistent, he has far too many off days and on those days he couldnt hit a cows arse with a bango.

If you keep this up I may just have to have a sig that says "what Rev says"

Â