Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

That half flew by, almost forgot how enjoyable it is to watch your team dominate possession.

We should be ahead by more than 1 but if we keep this up the goals will come. Its great to see Chris Herd back in the team, he adds a lot of bite to our midfield and his distribution is strong (plus hes an aussie). Ireland and Nzog have continued to look good together so lets hope that keeps up and CC shows us again why its criminal that he isn't our first choice CB.

Only negative is that Albrighton isn't contributing much, I'd like to see GG come on for him around the 60 minute mark.

I am not sure what the excitement is about? I thought we were bad until I saw Blackburn. They are woeful and should be out of the game, but we have repeatedly let them off the hook.

We need another goal to see this out. Albrighton cannot play left wing, he keeps having to cut him back. That said, he is not trying to play 150 yard wonderballs like Bannan would. He is keeping possession ticking over.

Good thing about Bent being out, is that his horrible first touch is as well.

Replaced by N'Zogbia, who's first touch for the most part this half has been shocking. As long as he keeps breaking the Blackburn net though I won't complain.

:D

Much much much better. There is nothing wrong with setting up defensively if it's coupled with a viable attacking threat. We still have plenty behind the ball but now all three of our attacking players have the shackles off allowing them to link up effectively and the rest to join the play in a second wave.

So happy with how it's gone so far but also so frustrated this hasn't been allowed to happen sooner. We are finally concentrating on imposing our own game rather than stifling the opposition and ourselves as a consequence.

Sure Blackburn are shit but then so were Wigan and the difference so far is incredible. More of the same second half please.

My worry now is McLeish's halftime teamtalk - he'll probably want to defend that 1-0 lead.

Thing is, we've defended well enough already. McLeish should just let them off the reins for once and be done with it.

I am not sure what the excitement is about?
It's justified relief, because everyone - including a lot of fans, the media, even the manager - tries to tell us the squad is shit and we deserve to be where we are, whereas this is strong evidence to the contrary.

Funny how you get a decent attacking performance when you play your decent attacking players ay mcclit!

Petrov back makes a big difference even if you dont notice it and gabby up top brings a smile to my face, with this formation a fit darren bent should be on the bench.

And carlos u leg-end

What a surprise, Ireland and Nzogbia start and we play well. Need another though, as Blackburn surely can't be that poor for a full 90 mins.

Great run by Carlos for the goal!!