coda

absolutely disgraceful it was. Of was Suarez be a media campaign to ban him for 10 more games

Agree, and kind of ironic that jose called vertonghan a disgrace afterwards.

absolutely disgraceful it was. Of was Suarez be a media campaign to ban him for 10 more games

Agree, and kind of ironic that jose called vertonghan a disgrace afterwards.

Yeah - I'm generally a fan of Mourinho, but that was a pretty stupid comment considering Torres' actions during the game.

Yeah - I'm generally a fan of Mourinho, but that was a pretty stupid comment considering Torres' actions during the game.

But the incident that Mourinho is referring to WAS a disgrace on Vertonghen's part. That's 2 weeks in a row he has cheated and 2 weeks in a row he has gotten away with it. Hopefully the third time's a charm and he does a hamstring or something. Cuz Spurs' weakness, if they have one, is in their defensive depth particularly at centre back.

But the incident that Mourinho is referring to WAS a disgrace on Vertonghen's part. That's 2 weeks in a row he has cheated and 2 weeks in a row he has gotten away with it. Hopefully the third time's a charm and he does a hamstring or something. Cuz Spurs' weakness, if they have one, is in their defensive depth particularly at centre back.

True - it was poor from Vertonghen, but it followed an equally (if not more) disgraceful incident from Torres. Given that the whole episode reflected fairly poorly on both individuals, I thought Mourinho was being a little too partisan with his comments.

I agree the sending off was a poor decision and jose was correct in his opinion of that. But I just felt his criticism of vertonghon was pretty strong given the earlier incident. He talked about a appeal (before acknowledging he couldn't for a second yellow) when torres himself should have saw red for his saurez moment. Vertonghon imo gets a little bit of credit for not hitting the deck, many, many players would have done imo.

Maybe (rightly or wrongly) the second incident was vertonghon thinking 'have that pal'

Edited by av1

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I'm just saying they were 2 separate incidents that both deserve condemnation. The fact a manager didn't come out and publically chastise his own player doesn't surprise me. Vertonghen's Villa shorts should be arriving in the post any day now.

Mourinho losing the plot? Stormed out of the champs league press conference as apparently didn't want to answer questions on mata/de bruyne etc..

Still would like to know what has happened with de bruyne, got a lot of praise during the summer, got a good assist opening day and now doesn't get into the squad

Â