Baseball 2012

maqroll

It's getting close to spring training....should be another interesting season.

Detroit have bossed their way into the reckoning by signing Prince Fielder.

The Marlins are now Miami, in a new stadium with some big signings...the NL East should be a lot of fun this year.

Will Boston rebound from our collapse, or will the rot continue?

I'm predicting

Detroit over Texas in the ALCS

Philadelphia over San Francisco in the NLCS

I've started a VillaTalk fantasy league, and have about 7 people interested so far. I'd like to get a 12 team league.

PM me for details.

I also started a thread for it in the Games and Gaming forum.

If I can be so bold as to make a prediction…

The Cubs will be shit and win nothing ;-)

(and yes they are my team - if such a thing exists, many similarities to Villa imo)

They play in Blue, in the 2nd city and have won f*ck all for over 100 years.

They're the small heath of Baseball ;)

The White Sox play in the 2nd City, had brief spell at the top in the last 50 years, laugh regularly at their neighbours, had their inspirational manager leave them in an argument with the GM and to top it off the elected leader of the country supports them. I think we're more like the Villa.

Go go White Sox (though we'll do well to finish 3rd this year)

Is it this season they're adding an extra wildcard place for each league?

Bud Selig has said it is 100% happening as everyone has agreed upon it, it is now just a matter of whether it starts this season or next. There is supposed to be a decision made by March 1. I reckon it will most likely begin this year.

Another depressing season as a Pirates fan, 19 straight losing seasons, having seen success since I was about four...however, they did show flashes and teased up until the All Star Break last year

Looks like we might be able to convince you into taking AJ Burnett off our hands. Millions of New Yorkers will no doubt be for ever grateful if you do! :)

Leaving rivalries aside, I just can't see you guys doing too well this year. Right now I think both New York and Tampa Bay look stronger and I predict them to battle it out for 1st and 2nd in the AL East. I can't rule Boston out entirely but I'd honestly be surprised if you made the play offs.

As for the Yankees, I'm optimistic. Signing Kuroda and trading for Pineda should significantly improve our rotation, as should getting rid of AJ, and the bullpen is already very, very good. As for the line-up it's pretty much the same as last year's but both A-Rod and Tex should have great potential for improvement from last year, as should production from the LHH DH compared to the Posada of last year's regular season. I like our chances.

Another depressing season as a Pirates fan, 19 straight losing seasons, having seen success since I was about four...however, they did show flashes and teased up until the All Star Break last year

Looks like we might be able to convince you into taking AJ Burnett off our hands. Millions of New Yorkers will no doubt be for ever grateful if you do! :)

Yeah we have a habit of taking teams shit players off them and trading away all our top talent...so depressing

Leaving rivalries aside, I just can't see you guys doing too well this year. Right now I think both New York and Tampa Bay look stronger and I predict them to battle it out for 1st and 2nd in the AL East. I can't rule Boston out entirely but I'd honestly be surprised if you made the play offs.

As for the Yankees, I'm optimistic. Signing Kuroda and trading for Pineda should significantly improve our rotation, as should getting rid of AJ, and the bullpen is already very, very good. As for the line-up it's pretty much the same as last year's but both A-Rod and Tex should have great potential for improvement from last year, as should production from the LHH DH compared to the Posada of last year's regular season. I like our chances.

Yep, very good signings in Kuroda and Pineda. Texeira will be fine, I think A-Rod is on the decline, as is Jeter.

Tim Wakefield retired today, after 16 years with Boston. A great career, considering he was a cast-off from Pittsburgh who nobody wanted. He loved the Red Sox, and will be missed. But the writing was on the wall this past year.

Also, R.I.P. Gary Carter, the Montreal and Mets catcher....died of brain cancer yesterday at 57. Sad news, even though he drove a dagger through Boston hearts in '86.

The Empire State Building will be lit up Blue and Orange tonight in memory of 'The Kid'

Â