Baseball 2012

maqroll

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I feckin' hate green walls ;)

My personal favourite piece is the home run monument thingy. Just an explosion of bleeeeh. To be fair though, the ballpark looks better from the outside from the pictures I've seen.

In other news, Red Sox closer Andrew Baily needs surgery to his thumb and is likely out until the ASB. Your thoughts on the Red Sox pitching staff for 2012, maq?

Shit maq I've just realised I completely forgot about the fantasy draft. I assume it's too late now. My bad.

Anyway, I've finally chosen a team - decided to root for the Phillies cuz of a combination of an easier time difference, them being a decent side and a recent love of the tv show 'its always sunny in philadelphia'. Got MLBtv going so will be watching lots of games this season.

In other news, Red Sox closer Andrew Baily needs surgery to his thumb and is likely out until the ASB. Your thoughts on the Red Sox pitching staff for 2012, maq?

I think Aceves can handle the closing role decently until Bailey is healthy. I think Lester and Beckett are each good for 15+ wins....Buchholz is the big question mark. If our 3rd starter can't produce the goods, we are going to struggle, because after him, it's a total roll of the dice. I expect a trade come July for another arm.

Shit maq I've just realised I completely forgot about the fantasy draft. I assume it's too late now. My bad.

Anyway, I've finally chosen a team - decided to root for the Phillies cuz of a combination of an easier time difference, them being a decent side and a recent love of the tv show 'its always sunny in philadelphia'. Got MLBtv going so will be watching lots of games this season.

Yeah, we drafted already, sorry man. Next year.

The Phillies have the best pitching staff in baseball, but their offense has been slowly falling apart. There will be a lot of low scoring Phillies games this season....

Yeah, I feckin' hate green walls ;)

My personal favourite piece is the home run monument thingy. Just an explosion of bleeeeh. To be fair though, the ballpark looks better from the outside from the pictures I've seen.

That shade of green is horrendous....and what IS that big fruit basket looking thing behind center field? I heard it's supposed to light up like a slot machine when they hit a HR....Apparently they have cheerleaders, too. That's a first for baseball...It seems like they think they need to get gimmicky to draw bigger crowds...it should be interesting how things play out down there, because they have loads of talent, big egos, and an insane manager.

It will indeed light up when one of The Fish goes yard. It's got dolphins and flamingos on it too! Extremely tacky. But hey, it IS south Florida! :P Apparantly they've **** up the parking too, and there is virtually no public transportation there from what I've read. It will be interesting to see what they can do on the field though. Plenty of talent but also plenty of potential for implision and clubhouse chaos.

I think Aceves can handle the closing role decently until Bailey is healthy. I think Lester and Beckett are each good for 15+ wins....Buchholz is the big question mark. If our 3rd starter can't produce the goods, we are going to struggle, because after him, it's a total roll of the dice. I expect a trade come July for another arm.

Aceves is good, no doubt. But who's gonna step up and do long relief? How do you like Bard as a starter?

My beloved Tribe (Cleveland Indians) have become the Stoke City of the AL.

no money, small market, and we have created a "style" of play that involves a pitching staff that doesn't strike anyone out but delivers a lot of ground balls, an excellent defense that can't score any runs, and a very good bullpen (read: we can park the bus when we go up 1-0).

Perhaps McLeish was actually meeting with the Indians instead of the Browns and giving advice on how to draw or keep the scoreline down.

They will be competitive though, and with the extra wildcard spot might sneak in (doubt it). Sigh.

Yeah, we drafted already, sorry man. Next year.

The Phillies have the best pitching staff in baseball, but their offense has been slowly falling apart. There will be a lot of low scoring Phillies games this season....

1-0 last night suggests you are right! 8 inning shutout from Halladay, not a bad start to the year

Horrible team with Disguting fans

Yeh you're not the first to tell me they're a horrible team - I don't get it? Dislikable players/staff?

Also I did hear the fans had a rep for being pretty brutal, that endeared me to them though if anything :)

My beloved Tribe (Cleveland Indians) have become the Stoke City of the AL.

no money, small market, and we have created a "style" of play that involves a pitching staff that doesn't strike anyone out but delivers a lot of ground balls, an excellent defense that can't score any runs, and a very good bullpen (read: we can park the bus when we go up 1-0).

Perhaps McLeish was actually meeting with the Indians instead of the Browns and giving advice on how to draw or keep the scoreline down.

They will be competitive though, and with the extra wildcard spot might sneak in (doubt it). Sigh.

Helluva game from Masterson. Why can't WE get players like that?

Â