Baseball 2012

maqroll

Horrible team with Disguting fans

Yeh you're not the first to tell me they're a horrible team - I don't get it? Dislikable players/staff?

Also I did hear the fans had a rep for being pretty brutal, that endeared me to them though if anything :)

I think White Sox fans are widely considered the worst behaved fans in baseball...in totality though, Philly fans take the cake.

In other news, Red Sox closer Andrew Baily needs surgery to his thumb and is likely out until the ASB. Your thoughts on the Red Sox pitching staff for 2012, maq?

I think Aceves can handle the closing role decently until Bailey is healthy. I think Lester and Beckett are each good for 15+ wins....Buchholz is the big question mark. If our 3rd starter can't produce the goods, we are going to struggle, because after him, it's a total roll of the dice. I expect a trade come July for another arm.

Aceves is good, no doubt. But who's gonna step up and do long relief? How do you like Bard as a starter?

I don't like Bard as a starter. I thought they should have given him the closer job. And Aceves excelled in long relief last year, so I'd have preferred to see him in that role again...the bullpen is a concern, no doubt. The whole team is a concern, really. Sweeney and Ross as corner outfielders isn't scaring anyone.

Red Sox got hammered by Detroit today, 10-0

Fat Boy Beckett gave up 5 HR's, 2 apiece to Cabrera and Fielder.

I know that Fenway is gonna let him hear it next time he's on the mound at home and makes one mistake. People have pegged him as the instigator of all that nonsense toward the end of last season, and today he was pathetic...not a good start for the team.

But my God, Detroit is just a monster of a team. If they trade for a pitcher in July, the WS is all but theirs.

You have a decent team, Kurt...and with the Phillies unable to score runs combined with the expanded playoff format, the Mets could squeeze in. You never know.

You have a decent team, Kurt...and with the Phillies unable to score runs combined with the expanded playoff format, the Mets could squeeze in. You never know.

It's amazing how we've started, especially when our 4 and 5 guys only have 1 hit between them so far I think!

I just want my Cubbies to get it together!!!!!!

The Cubs are like Villa right now....gonna be a while

It's like that every year! :(

Well, it took all of 4 games in to the season for Ozzie to put his foot in his mouth, saying he "Loves Fidel Castro"...Miami is the LAST place you want to utter those words, and especially when you manage the local baseball team...what an idiot.

100+ protesters outside the stadium today calling for his firing. The Marlins suspended him 5 games....this is going to be a total circus.

They hired Guillen to help attract more Cuban-Americans to the games.

Woops.

I like Ozzie, but that's stupid.

Past 2 games the Mets have reverted into, well, the Mets. Although today the key out for them was Bay which is one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Strikeout? The ball went into the lefty's batter box FFS.

Â