London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

I'd imagine his time would have been quicker had it been on an athletics track rather than through Hyde Park too?
And bear in mind he deliberately walked the last 50 yards or so!

I've watched him come through since he was a teenage local runner, and it couldn't happen to a nicer lad.

Sumo should be in the Olympics (and may be at some point - it was nearly a demo sport at Beijing except for politics interfering). It's a much better form of wrestling and doesn't have the gayness of Greco Roman :)

Greco Roman Wrestling.

SUPER ghey.

Yes, that is one sport I have never understood.

The basic premise is that you get oiled up then try to get your hands into each others underwear right? Who came up with that as a sport?

Dale Winton.

Greco Roman Wrestling.

SUPER ghey.

The basic premise is that you get oiled up then try to get your hands into each others underwear right? Who came up with that as a sport?

Isn't it about trying to pin your opponent down?

I imagine it started in a time where people didn't worry about looking 'gay'.

To be fair, given the "Greco" it was probably encouraged!

I blame Wiggy. It looks right up his street. :winkold:

Talking of ghey - is anyone else watching the horse ballet on BBC1 right now? I can appreciate that the horse is very clever going around on tippy-toes but this isn't sport!

I imagine it started in a time where people didn't worry about looking 'gay'.

Romans of means didn't worry about much at all. Let's leave it at that :shock:

Talking of ghey - is anyone else watching the horse ballet on BBC1 right now? I can appreciate that the horse is very clever going around on tippy-toes but this isn't sport!

Emperor's New Clothes. No-one will tell them. They're the public school lot. Leave them to their horses and prancing. It's utterly ridiculous and even if it is an 'event' it shouldn't be an olympic one.

I agree about the dressage, but not the other equestrian disciplines, which do require strength, skill, courage and tactics.

But I generally have a problem with ANY sport which depends on the subjective opinion of judges. "Faster, Higher, Stronger" is the motto, and it should be clearly obvious as to how you score or lose points, whether it be knocking jumps down, running first across the line, scoring the most goals, lifting the heaviest weights, etc., etc.

But I generally have a problem with ANY sport which depends on the subjective opinion of judges.

Agreed, I don't like sports that don't have a clear way to win.

The gymnastics is the worst for it. I think we lost out on a silver by 0.08 or something. How the **** do they differentiate .08 of a point?

Greco Roman Wrestling.

SUPER ghey.

In ancient Greece this form of wrestling was featured in the early Olympics back then it was known as Pankration where it later evolved into Greco. Incidentally Pankration is one of Europe's oldest martial arts...

The word gymnastics is taken from the Greek word Gymnos which means naked; yes the early olympics were competed completely naked to fully appreciate the aesthetic sight of the body! :shock:

But I generally have a problem with ANY sport which depends on the subjective opinion of judges.

The gymnastics is the worst for it. I think we lost out on a silver by 0.08 or something. How the **** do they differentiate .008 of a point?

But you wouldn't want to eliminate gymnastics from the games surely?

One of, if not the, most impressive events in my opinion.

The gymnastics is the worst for it. I think we lost out on a silver by 0.08 or something. How the **** do they differentiate .008 of a point?

But you wouldn't want to eliminate gymnastics from the games surely?

One of, if not the, most impressive events in my opinion.

Â