VT Mixtape swap (LIST ADDED)

chappy

Of course the artists are on the left!

In terms of Indie - ness, its off the scale

Yeah I've never heard of any of them, or the songs.

But don't ya'll be thinking that because its indie label and you haven't heard of it that it ain't good. I was deliberately sharing stuff that people probably haven't heard before.

There are some really neat tunes here - the Kopecky's are kind've like Arcade Fire, Dry the River have a Killersy sound to them although twice as good in my book. There are sweet vocals from Sarah Jaffe, perfect power pop from Eternal Summers, pretty melody from The Epstein and perhaps my own favourite is Allo Darlin which I play almost continuously at the moment.

You know one of the best things - you can see these bands for a tenner at a small venue and you won't even need to buy tickets in advance. In two years several of these will cost you £40 at an arena.

The most indie of all are Law Abiding Citizens who haven't released anything at all yet but one of the boys emailed me a couple of tracks after I saw them in a support slot. If you liked the early Jam tunes they are for you.

For anyone who wants to make their own copy you can download it here.

For choffer, I can mail another one to you if you have an address your postie will undertand ;-)

Chrisp65, mine will be in the post tomorrow. Track listing is:

Side 1

1 Amber - The Cooper Temple Clause

2 Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes - Paul Simon

3 No Shelter - Rage Against the Machine

4 C.R.E.A.M - Wu-Tang Clan

5 Schoolin’ - Everything Everything

6 Countdown - Lindsey Buckingham

7 Belle Starr - 10 FT. Ganja Plant

8 Rock Away Blind - Lindsey Buckingham

9 Cosmonaut - At the Drive-In

Side 2

1 Peaches En Regalia - Frank Zappa

2 The Move - Beastie Boys

3 C'mere - Interpol

4 Black Diamond Bay - Bob Dylan

5 Sweet Girl - Fleetwood Mac

6 When The Ship Comes In - Bob Dylan

7 Blood Money - 10 Ft. Ganja Plant

8 Teen Age Riot - Sonic Youth

9 The Hand That Held Me Down - Two Gallants

10 Idioteque - Radiohead

11 Time - Pink Floyd

Hopefully a decent enough mix!

There is no production quality on mine. Just selected my tracks, banged them on a CD and was done.

:(

I haven't posted it yet.

After hearing the effort going in, I may revisit it and try and knock up some artwork.

You won't get a track listing though, that's half the fun!

For anyone who wants to make their own copy you can download it here.

cheers for that, will give it a download. I'm a fan of The Crookes but not heard of many of the others.

Still need to listen to my CD from chris. Had loads of work on since I got it and havent really had a spare hour or so. Same reason I haven't posted mine off yet, will try and sort that now.

Cleopatra and 5ive are still popular right?

5ive are **** incredible. You do mean the sludge 5ive, right?

I have STILL not listened to Gareths CD, but will do my damnest to do so tonight. I went to listen to it the other night, honest, bu just ended up listening to Made Out of Babies and Silverfish instead...

Curiously though, the first band on his playlist (I think it was the first anyway) played at the venue I went to last night - although I went to see Kylesa, Circle Takes the Square and KEN Mode instead. Pulled Apart By Horses are a band I've never had any interest in listening to, and judging by some of the haircuts walking into their last night, I think I might be right! :lol: Still, I will give everything an unbiased go when I listen to it (kind of)

'kin 'ell that is some awesome artwork

Makes my picture of me with a coffee down Barry Island beach look a little lame. I have now stolen it.

Chappy, you are allowed to say you listened and it was just a load of someone else's crap you know.

Â