VT Mixtape swap (LIST ADDED)

chappy

Back

VTBackCover3.jpg

Sleepingdog on this playlist means it's a winner!!

I just finished listening to Gareth's CD. There was some stuff I really didn't like (Ringo Deathstarr) and some stuff I really did (he ambient/neo classical in the middle from Nils Frahm and Olafur Arnalds), and some stuff I hadnt' listened to for years and years (Blood Brothers and 65dos)

I don't think Brumerican wants my CD...so here is the tracklist in case anyone else fancyes it, in physical format or not. I've included genre descripts for yer assistance

--HEAVY PART--

In/Humanity - If it's Wrong it's Real (bleak as **** satanic powerviolence)

Gasp - Planet of the Apes (heavy as **** sludge)

Swarrrm - Sky - (mathafackin' Japanese grind)

--DANCING PART--

Shitmat - White Label Unity (jungle?/mashup?/breakcore?)

DJ Shapnel - Pretty Green Onions (gabba)

m1dy - Tokyostlyespeedcore (exactly what it says on the tin ^__^)

--WHENIWASATEENAGER PART--

Ye Wiles - Leisurewear (folk/ska)

Lightyear - A Pack of Dogs (ska/punk)

Capdown - Pound for the Sound (skacore)

--DREAMPOP PART--

Birds of Passage - Highwaymen in Midnight Masks

Phaedra - Honeydewed Autumn

Sleepingdog - Untitled Ballad of Me and You (but garthe has baggsy'd Sleepingdog so I might switch this out for a Larsen track)

--EMO PART--

Saetia - Postlapsaria

Policy of 3 - Nine Years Old

Maximillian Colby - Balance

This fills a CD...missed so much I wanted to include. There's no noise/power electronics or industrial on there...and theres not really much punx or metal or ambiance either. Maybe that is for CD2 rite

Wonder if there's enough musicians on here to make an actual VT mixtape (as in solely poster's own musical endeavors)? I've can think of 3 (potentially 4) peeps off the top of my head whose tuneage I've listened to.

Chappy, you are allowed to say you listened and it was just a load of someone else's crap you know.

:lol:

Will probs give it a listen this afternoon.

Got mine in an envelope but need to be careful where I post it because the postboxes around the student area of Leeds tend not to be collected from on a regular basis.

Hey yeh I could nominate a track for a VT mixtape. In fact I would quite enjoy creating a villa-noise track using samples from interviews and stuff, and field recordings from in and around the ground on match day.

Hey yeh I could nominate a track for a VT mixtape. In fact I would quite enjoy creating a villa-noise track using samples from interviews and stuff, and field recordings from in and around the ground on match day.

Don't really need to go to all the way to Villa Park to make a found-sound record, just sigh heavily into a mic for 4 minutes and have a 30 second outro of sobbing and nobody could tell the difference.

Â