Relegation - Merged

Amo69

How unbearable would life be if SHA came up and we went down!

think thats where the headlines get changed to "McLeish sacked" to "McLeish in police protection" should that occur

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are safe now I'd say, QPR won't finish above us, not a cats chance in hell they'll get something at Man City. Saying that, we gotta hope City beat United and Newcastle so that they have major incentive to win that game. I hope Stoke manage to pull of a win at QPR so we don't have to worry against Norwich on the final day of the season.

Can't see anything other than us getting beat by Spurs. Think it will still come down to the last day and we will need a point against Norwich to be safe. Let's hope they are all 'on the beach' by then.

Why would you think we need a point to be safe ? you really think QPR will get 4 points in the last 2 games ?

think thats where the headlines get changed to "McLeish sacked" to "McLeish in police protection" should that occur

..........or "McLeish Effs Off Back To Scotland To Manage Some Sh!tty Third Division Club Because That's The Only Job He Can Get."

Hopefully.............

Im 99.99% sure we will stay up now :D

I just have feeling we will be ok, but with AM in charge anything is possible..But am feeling a lot more positive about AVFC.. can we change the name of the thread?

All them mugs who have lost their money betting on us going down could of donated that to the "pedal for petrov" fund :-(

I don't think we will get anything from Spurs, I can see Bolton drawing with Spurs and beating Albion, I can see QPR beating Stoke and I can see Blackburn drawing with Wigan so I think it will go right down to the last game with the league table standing like this after 37 games:

15th Wigan - 38 pts

16th Bolton - 38 pts

17th Villa - 37 pts

18th QPR - 37 pts

19th Blackburn - already relegated

20th Wolves - already relegated

This will leave us looking over our shoulders and listening/watching results from elsewhere.

I do hope I am wrong though.

If QPR beat Stoke and Villa lose to Spurs - The worst case scenario, but quite likely - QPR will have to better our result against Norwich against Man City.

They draw with City, we lose to Norwich, we're down. Not likely, but not impossible either.

We are not going down.

If Blackburn and QPR lose today we are all but safe. Blackburn would then be unable to overhaul us given our advantage in goal difference and QPR would have to beat Stoke at home and get something from the Etihad on the last day of the season. And that's without even considering Bolton and Wigan.

One thing that won't happen, even if we don't gain another point, is that we lose our two remaining games so heavily as to erode our key goal difference advantage over the others.

No we are not going down!

So that's it then.

Now we can relax. Play expansive football, win both our remaining matches?

Folks don't forget Mancini and Hughes despise each other...

Remember last season when Mark Hughes slapped Mancni's hand when he offered it to shake.

I'm convinced Mancini would love to send Mark Hughes down so think City will be suitably motivated on the last day of the season.

Any chance we can change the title thread to "Staying Up" ....rather then "Relegation" please?!!

steady, lets not count our chickens just yet

I wasn't counting chickens ...I was just meaning the fight to stay up rather than battling relegation.

I was chatting with a knuckle dragger about this senario yesterday, much to his delight.

I asked him this question... "say the above wasn't possible & you had a straight choice between villa going down & blues staying down or villa staying up & blues coming up, what would you prefer"

he said he would rather the villa went down & blues stayed down just so he could take the piss big style.

I said "so you would put villa's decline before your own clubs success?" to which he replied "yes".

typical noser more interested in us than his own club. he asked me what my answer would be if roles were reversed, i said "villa promoted to the prem & blues to stay up in the prem of course", "why" he said confused. "because i don't care about your shitty team i just want my club to to well, isn't that what every football fan wants"... er he had no reply to that...

Can't see anything other than us getting beat by Spurs. Think it will still come down to the last day and we will need a point against Norwich to be safe. Let's hope they are all 'on the beach' by then.

Why would you think we need a point to be safe ? you really think QPR will get 4 points in the last 2 games ?

I would like to think not, but I think it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they could beat Stoke and draw with Man City (who may have lost the title by then and have little to play for).

We are not going down.

If Blackburn and QPR lose today we are all but safe. Blackburn would then be unable to overhaul us given our advantage in goal difference and QPR would have to beat Stoke at home and get something from the Etihad on the last day of the season. And that's without even considering Bolton and Wigan.

One thing that won't happen, even if we don't gain another point, is that we lose our two remaining games so heavily as to erode our key goal difference advantage over the others.

No we are not going down!

So that's it then.

Now we can relax. Play expansive football, win both our remaining matches?

Let's wait until it is mathematically impossible for us to go down before we get too relaxed.

Mark Hughes would love nothing better than to go to his old club Man City (who shit on him) and get the result he needs to keep QPR up especially if Man City are out of the title race come 13th May.

I don't think we will get anything from Spurs, I can see Bolton drawing with Spurs and beating Albion, I can see QPR beating Stoke and I can see Blackburn drawing with Wigan so I think it will go right down to the last game with the league table standing like this after 37 games:

15th Wigan - 38 pts

16th Bolton - 38 pts

17th Villa - 37 pts

18th QPR - 37 pts

19th Blackburn - already relegated

20th Wolves - already relegated

This will leave us looking over our shoulders and listening/watching results from elsewhere.

I do hope I am wrong though.

agree with that, which makes tomorrow night crucial

If Utd win tomorrow, we have a problem

Just after being given the freedom of Small Heath!!

Step Forward and take a bow agent McLeish....job well done!