Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Only RL could say 'I want to cut cost, so Im going to hire a manger that I have to pay for'.. Why didnt he just let Kevin Mac take over for the season, would have cost him nothing, plus he knows more about AVFC that AM.. all the youngsters he has coached, knows the strengths and weaknesses of the players, knows what position they play best, eg. Gardner.. I mean would KM have really done a worse job that AM? Maybe.. But I doubt it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've just splashed out 50c on Baker being first scorer. That would be his first goal for us and probably our first goal from a corner this season. I think tomorrow we'll show up. I don't know why I think that. I just do. But it'll be the tensest match I've seen in a long time.

And the loss in revenue with lower attendances.

about £3.5m down as per my above note

Sorry didn't spot that comment, I agree with that figure.

I've based it on 6,000 lost fans x 19 home games x av ticket cost of £30

so no allowance for lost revenue once inside the ground - food / drink / programmes / scarves etc

Well I've just splashed out 50c on Baker being first scorer. That would be his first goal for us and probably our first goal from a corner this season. I think tomorrow we'll show up. I don't know why I think that. I just do. But it'll be the tensest match I've seen in a long time.

I'm with you on this although I don't care who scores as long as we win.

I have a strange feeling Ivanhoe is going to come up trumps tomorrow.....

It's scary how much of a must not lose tomorrow's game is. We lose, we are 3 points away from relegation (though technically our goal difference pretty much makes it 4). We lose tomorrow night I worry about the mental fragility of the squad in the two away games and the Spurs home game. Tomorrow's game is absolutely massive for the future of the club imo.

heres hoping the good old laws of averages kicks in - we must score from a corner, win a game soon ?

The only way I can see us scoring - if is by some method (don't know how) - the ball lands at on of our players feet - with an open goal 4 yards - if that happens - just pray its not Heskey !

The only way I can see us scoring - if is by some method (don't know how) - the ball lands at on of our players feet - with an open goal 4 yards - if that happens - just pray its not Heskey !
Pure Class Comment! Well done :)

Does anyone know when the season highlights dvd comes out?

That'll be up for some editing awards if it's any good. I tend to use the front cover to work out who will be leaving during the summer.

Isn't it about £1m a place in the PL Standings ?

So lets say optimistically we finish 16th, thats a like for like decline on income vs last year of approx £8m which is almost 10% of turnover

Thats a massive hit

Its 1.5 million per place in the Premier League.